Fuel reserve switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauderdalecoaches

Reaction score
Im new to this, so might sound quite dim. the fuel light came on so i moved the fuel reserve switch to on but 2 hundred yards later the bike ran out of petrol, could it be a relay or something else. The switch on the handlebars is nice and clean with no corrosion & the fuel light did come on?

you moved it the wrong way. on is normal position and the res is the reserve position

Lauderdalecoaches,
same thing happened to me the first week I had my new ride :damn angry:
After having to push the brute 2 blocks to the nearest gas station, :bang head:
I learned very quickly as Sean noted: " on is normal position and the res is the reserve position !" When I got back home, I read the owners manuel from front to back ! :rofl_200:

Since Sean and Jeff have already answered your questions, I will just say welcome to the forum. If you have any questions no matter if you think it should be common knowledge but still need clarification ask away. We will try to give you a clear and complete answer as possible without judgment. You may even have a few Vmaxers in your area that can help you out or let you know when they go for a ride.
Again, Welcome to Vmax Forum!

Hey guys!
A newbie here! I bought a vmax just last week, without being fully aware off the fuel light and res switch going on! Soo i already ran out of gas the first time. My question might be a little stupid i would just prefer it not to run out again! Does the fuellight stay on even after you switch to reserve?

Welcome, and yes it does. there's about .8 gals. left when my 89 fuel light comes on. So, I know I've got to hit the gas station within 30 miles, while switched to RES or I'm walking.
Steve-o

Back