fuel reserve switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I have some problems with my reserve feul tank. If I am out of feul and put the switch to reserve it does not work. I allread clean the swich and check the wires. If a strat my Vmax the reserve light come up for a second. But the light does not work when I am out of fuel. Therefore I think the fuel sensor does not work. But can any body tell me if the sensor is not working does the reserve swich is not working as well, or is the sensor on its own only showing the fuel lamp. and the swich must work as well without the sensor.

Regards
Marc
p.s. sorry for my poor englisch, I hope you understand what I mean.

Hello,

I have some problems with my reserve feul tank. If I am out of feul and put the switch to reserve it does not work. I allread clean the swich and check the wires. If a strat my Vmax the reserve light come up for a second. But the light does not work when I am out of fuel. Therefore I think the fuel sensor does not work. But can any body tell me if the sensor is not working does the reserve swich is not working as well, or is the sensor on its own only showing the fuel lamp. and the swich must work as well without the sensor.

Regards
Marc
p.s. sorry for my poor englisch, I hope you understand what I mean.

I have a bad sensor. If you ohm it out it's all over the place with an empty tank. When I shunt the plug the light comes on. The fuel pump still works with the switch in the on(to the right) position, untill the tank's bone dry.The Res. function was working till the sensor went south.
Steve

I have a bad sensor. If you ohm it out it's all over the place with an empty tank. When I shunt the plug the light comes on. The fuel pump still works with the switch in the on(to the right) position, untill the tank's bone dry.The Res. function was working till the sensor went south.
Steve

Does this mean that the reserve does not work, if the sensor is broken !!!

Technically, there is no reserve. The low fuel light cuts off the fuel pump when the tank reaches a certain level. When you switch to reserve, it only allows the fuel pump to come back on until you run out of gas. I would guess your fuel level sensor in your gas tank is bad or as mentioned earlier, wiring has failures.

Back