Fuel sender o-ring and drain bolt washer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WonkoTheSane

Reaction score
I found a fuel leak, and after cleaning things up tracked it down to the fuel level sensor. Interestingly, it's something the Haynes manual includes checking for every 4000 miles. Tried tweaking the screws tighter, which slowed the leak a little (already very slow) but a little paranoid about breaking them.

Of course I just filled the tank, so I have to drain the whole thing and find temporary storage for it, but wanted to check the parts I need.

One of the sensor wires is not connected, which probably explains why the reserve switch hasn't been working. Hoping I can solder that while I have it off.

The o-ring is, I believe, part number 42X-85753-00-00 (from http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/tech/96fische/47.htm ) but I'm not sure what the drain bolt washer is. That fiche is a little confusing.

http://www.yamahapartshouse.com/oem...700209bc78af55/fuel-tank-non-california-model seems to suggest it is 90201-08087-00

Is it a rubber washer, or some kind of metal crush washer?

I'll probably replace the screws fixing the sender on at the same time. Anybody know what size they are? I guess I could order the OEM part (95817-06014-00 BOLT, FLANGE?) but that seems a bit over the top for what is presumably a fairly standard metric bolt?

Thanks in advance.

I have the "oring" that fits on the sender and not sure about the sealing washers for the bolts? They are more like a felt washer. Usually they don't go bad?

90201-08087-00 is the drain bolt washer. The washer on my 06 was copper.

The bolts holding the sender are M6 x 1

42X-85753-00-00 is the sender gasket PN

Not sure why you would need to check or fix those unless the sender went bad or there was a fuel leak.

Not sure why you would need to check or fix those unless the sender went bad or there was a fuel leak.

There is a leak, which is why I checked it. Found the reference to checking in the Haynes manual when I was rating up on it after finding the leak and thought it was interesting that it recommended a check so often.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Latest posts

Back