Fuel tank reserve left calculation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supercharger

Reaction score
Have everyone tried to calculate how many kilometers (or miles) there is, when fuel tank LED is lit on speedo.?
I miss that function that can calculate how many kilometres i have, before the fueltank is really empty.
My car's dash computer have it. :)

On a Gen 2? Depends how hard you're riding but at least 20 - 25 miles. I've gone 30 miles riding like an old lady and put 3.8 gallons in to top it off.....so not completely empty.

Thanks for info.
30 miles this approx 50 kilometres. Easy to re-member. :)
Off course this only a guideline for easy riding. not highway riding.

I think 20-25 miles is a good reserve space for any bike out there and almost every touring/cruise or any other type of bike has almost the same capacity.

Reserve capacity is 1.03 US gallons, 3.30 Imp gallons, or 3.9 Liters. You can enter the System Status menu to display your fuel economy on the right side of the display before the reserve light comes on. The listed average fuel economy is 8.3 Liters per 100 km. This converts to 12.05 Kilometers per Liter. Using 3.9 liters of reserve, 12.05 km X 3.9 L = 46.9 km rounded to a 47 km range.
Once the fuel light comes on, the tripmeter automatically changes to the reserve tripmeter, displayed as TRIP-F and starts counting the distance traveled since the warning light came on. If you know your liters per km fuel usage, you would be able to calculate the number of kilometers left with 3.9 liters of reserve fuel. Or just watch the TRIP-F count up towards 47 km.

I think 20-25 miles is a good reserve space for any bike out there and almost every touring/cruise or any other type of bike has almost the same capacity.

I dunno, there area a few places out here in the wild west where, if you don't plan ahead and know you are about to hit reserve and then do, if you only have 25 miles on reserve, you're gonna be walkin'...

Just sayin...

I dunno, there area a few places out here in the wild west where, if you don't plan ahead and know you are about to hit reserve and then do, if you only have 25 miles on reserve, you're gonna be walkin'...

Just sayin...
Last time I left Grand Junction Colorado heading South, I believe the sign said, "Last gas for 75 miles."

After Sturgis 2013, I was in Wyoming headed for Mexico on my Gen 1. I checked the map and it said there was a town where I could fill up about where I fill up normally. Well, I get there and there is no town, no nothing. Fully loaded and never have gone more than 190 kms on a tank previously; tucked down and ass puckered on I went at 50mph to conserve gas. 200kms .. 210 kms .. 220 kms ... 230kms ... Finally at 235kms, I spotted a gas station. Put in just over 15 litres to fill it up. Turns out that map makers sometimes put in false towns so they will know if someone is copying their maps without permission.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back