Fun at bike cruise ins...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr_Carlson

Reaction score
This spring I finally bought the bike I have been wanting the last 20 years for (a Vmax, no surprise there). Conveniently, a local town has started having a monthly bike night where they encourage people to ride their bikes in, have a blocked off area for the bikes and have a bunch of vendors, etc.

I have found a new and entertaining hobby. I drive in with my Vmax and then stand about 10 ft way and listen to everyone?s stories. It is very entertaining. Approximately half of the people who walk by stop and look at it (I am always the only vmax there) and then proceed to tell the people they are with something about it. I hear lots of "most dangerous bike ever made" and "you would need a sissy bar just so you don't fall off". If people are really interested, I walk up and talk to them (otherwise it isn't apparent it is my bike). Surprising how many people refer to it as their "bucket list" bike.

Anyhow, I am sure other Vmax owners have similar stories, but I never would have guessed how entertaining the bike could be when parked.

thanks,
Mr_Carlson
2000 Vmax

I still get the.....3 out of 5 owners died on these things when they first come out story........I just smile and nod.......:biglaugh:......The legend lives on!.........A lot of us here share your story of wanting one of these things back in the day..............It's been everything I imagined and well worth the wait!...............Tom.

After hearing the stories when I first ever saw one I knew I had to have one.

I gave myself 15 years experience before getting one, so worth the wait...

I stopped in a mall parking lot to help a kid jump start a Ninja 250. When I was done some dude in a car stopped and and gave me the old " I heard they outlawed those things" line.

This spring I finally bought the bike I have been wanting the last 20 years for (a Vmax, no surprise there). Conveniently, a local town has started having a monthly bike night where they encourage people to ride their bikes in, have a blocked off area for the bikes and have a bunch of vendors, etc.

I have found a new and entertaining hobby. I drive in with my Vmax and then stand about 10 ft way and listen to everyone’s stories. It is very entertaining. Approximately half of the people who walk by stop and look at it (I am always the only vmax there) and then proceed to tell the people they are with something about it. I hear lots of "most dangerous bike ever made" and "you would need a sissy bar just so you don't fall off". If people are really interested, I walk up and talk to them (otherwise it isn't apparent it is my bike). Surprising how many people refer to it as their "bucket list" bike.

Anyhow, I am sure other Vmax owners have similar stories, but I never would have guessed how entertaining the bike could be when parked.

thanks,
Mr_Carlson
2000 Vmax

Welcome to The Game, sir......and the forum............

Seeing a Vmax on any bike night is a rare event.At least where I live in SoCal. So it's gonna get people's attention.:punk:I know, yer busting with pride!! So am I. :welcome_sign: To the VMF........Rusty

I still get the.....3 out of 5 owners died on these things when they first come out story........I just smile and nod.......:biglaugh:......The legend lives on!.........A lot of us here share your story of wanting one of these things back in the day..............It's been everything I imagined and well worth the wait!...............Tom.
Damn, I better check the obits. Mine was the first one in town in '85 and I'm still riding it.... (I think)
later, bill

I fell in love 2 and a half years ago.. I just turn 27 so I was 24. I work with a guy that had one he babied it and the other guy I worked with had a ducati 996 told me the realness of the bike.. fzr100 and Suzuki bandit 1200 later I finally got one. Had to buy one before my house because I knew I would be broke after that. I almost crapped my pants knowing I was gonna get a chain drive when I found it let alone a 85 same year I was born. So I guess with all u guys waiting so long.. I spoiled my self. :eusa_dance:

The first time my buddy saw my vmax he pointed at it and said "Hey, that thing is just like a motorcycle....only faster". I gotta admit that the only reason I still have and love this this bike is because of this forum and it's members who are always ready to reach out to another vmaxer who is having difficulties with his bike. I've learned a hell of a lot from this forum and everyone who contributes to it. Thank you.

Loved them when they came out in 85, but couldn't afford the insurance on one! Almost bought a new one in 99, but the local yamaha shop sucks balls, so I had to wait until 06 to snag one from a dealer 35 miles away. No regrets.

Back