Funny Craig's List Ad

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMike

Reaction score
Buddy of mine sent me this today.

Attachments

• 2201688044_b9a72418e2_o.jpg
    2201688044_b9a72418e2_o.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 135
Can I buy half a block? You see, I'm building a.... And was thinking... You should come over and help... I've got a great recipe....

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

lol Craigs list will do that to you. List something there and all the freaks come out of the wood work. I could see him getting asked all types of questions and the story to go with it. But it is still funny never the less.

When I list anything expensive like furniture, etc, nine out of ten responses are scammers. My ads say cash only but they still try the cashiers check or similar scam. When I remind them it is cash only, they never respond. I rarely sell anything on Craig's List. Can't get a legitimate buyer... :bang head:

lol. I've used Craig's List a few times myself to sell items and it can be frustrating dealing with people. Especially the "low ballers" that want to come by,nit pick the item to death,waste your time and want you to almost give it to them.Sheesh! Like they're doing you a favor to haul it away. This guy was just pushed over the edge.:rofl_200:
Mike

That is funny shit right there! Dude was on the edge of insanity when he wrote that and I don't blame him one bit, 9 out of 10 emails from stuff posted on craigslist are from pure morons.

On the other side of the coin.......when I'm seriously interested in an item on Fleabay, I'll usually send a message, with an innocent question or two, just to guage the response to see if I'm going to be dealing with a real seller, instead of a scammer. Saved myself a lot of grief while buying the Bose surround system for my basement when the real ebayer wrote back that the didn't know what I was trying to buy, and that someone must have hacked their acct to list bogus chit. It was happening a lot in the electronics stuff for sale.

I've never bought anything from Craigslist as I can never seem to get the nack for the searches on that site.

That's the prob with Craigslist really, because it's free every other retard's on it trying to scam the shit out of someone.
Real shame - I bought my bikes in FL through it and have found it very useful many times. It's just so painful having to deal with all the retards/scammers out there, I feel for this guy and his breezeblocks! lol

Too funny,
rofl_200.gif
Craigs list isn't a hot bed for mental health! It makes you just want to call this guy for a laugh. I think I'll ask him if I can use them for a fire pit. And will he deliver them to the Cape for .75 each.

I have sold a lot of stuff on C.L. though. I usually deliver the stuff if possible. I've gotten
some work from there too. I sold my boat last fall on C.L. and the buyer called me the next day to say she forgot to pay me. I already had the money pending in Pay Pal. She wouldn't of got the boat without paying me. I brought my lap top outside to have her log on to pay pal. My wiffe thought that was rude. That is, untill the people called to say they didn't pay us yet. Strangers coming in? I'm hesitant in this day and age.
Steve

lol. I've used Craig's List a few times myself to sell items and it can be frustrating dealing with people. Especially the "low ballers" that want to come by,nit pick the item to death,waste your time and want you to almost give it to them.Sheesh! Like they're doing you a favor to haul it away. This guy was just pushed over the edge.:rofl_200:
Mike
I've heard of Craig's list buyers meeting the seller in person. Only to get robbed.:damn angry:

I've heard of Craig's list buyers meeting the seller in person. Only to get robbed.:damn angry:

I have heard of this time and time again. I do a lot of buying and selling on CL. One thing that I never do is have these people come to my house. Never know what kind of wierdo you will be dealing with. I always select a public place to meet and always take my 2 best buddies along for the deal: Smith and Wesson. I admit, though, it would be bitch to load all of those blocks up and take them somewhere to sell. That's the whole point of getting rid of them in the first place.

well there are good deals on C.L. and the transaction can be very easy to do. I have bought a few things off C.L. and depending on the person we meet somewhere else to protect their home. I did check the items out before handing over the cash for them. And most of the people where very nice to deal with. I have listed a few things, either you get someone try to low ball your price asking dumb questions or scam's, but you sometimes find a buyer that is real and willing to meet your price.

To me at least it's usually pretty easy to sift the grain from the chaff in the email responses. Spam/scam messages almost always contain at least one of the following "red flags"

-No mention of the actual thing your selling, lots of generic terms "is your item still for sale?" ect.
-Some long winded "explanation" that would seem like the person put a lot of time into their response and is thus genuine, but if you look carefully you'll see it could be applied to any number of things for sale. If the email is more than 2 or 3 sentences, chances are it's bullshit.
- Any offer for western union, wire transfer. Steer clear. If you live by "cash and carry" you'll have no issues here.
-Someone requesting shipping, especially in a case where the expense of shipping the item is more than it's worth. Somehow I doubt there's a guy in Africa that wants to pay to get my $300 junker quad shipped to him.
- Excessive spelling/grammar mistakes. Not everyone types like an English professor, but ones that look like they were written by a 4 year old are usually BS too.

People do this crap to get you to reply(DON'T, a response telling them to fuck off still gives them your "known active" email). They do this a few thousand times, and harvest these emails. Marketing companies pay good money for lists of known "good" emails so they can send spam mail to.

It's also why you should not put your phone # in ads. There are people that do the same thing, harvesting #'s out of ads and selling them to ad agencies.

Latest posts

Back