Gaffer brake lines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to improve the brakes on my VMAX, but I like the way the OEM lines are routed, does anyone know if the Gaffer 3 line set fit the stock routing? Or is there another option I'm not yet aware of? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to y'all!

I've got hel brake lines which run in the same route as standard

it was over a year ago so do not have the actual link, I had them made to my measurements and angle as I fitted different calipers, I suspect many manufacturers would make what you want if you go to their websites

I have 2 and 3 line kits. Neither has performance advantage over the other. The 3 line kit is more expensive but cleaner looking with single lines visible. The 2 line kit can be easier to bleed but dual lines at the master.

I put a new Spiegler brake hose on the rear brake this summer. Fit fine but they do not have the rubber grommets on the hose that snap into the frame pieces like the OEM hose did to hold the hose in place. Ended up zip tying it to that grommet holder on the swingarm to keep the hose in the correct position. One2dmax, does your front brake hose kits have these rubber grommets I am talking about?

They do not. You can either crimp the factory bracket in a little to fit it tighter, OR, remove and reuse the stock grommets from the old stock lines.

Latest posts

Back