Galfer wave rotors (F and R)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Pickles

Reaction score
It's been almost a week since I've bought anything for my bike and I'm thinking about grabbing a set of these for the front and rear.

I've read the "what pads" to use thread so I'm covered there. Anyone using these? waste of money performance wise and strickly bling factor?

:eusa_dance:

They are great rotors (and we sell them too) even though the suckers are pricey. Not 100% sure they are needed but they are better then stock for aggressive riding. BUT, if you have the newer forks (93 and up) they quit selling the floating rotors due to interfernce with the rotor bolt heads and forks. You can modify either the bolt or rotor to work. Of course the floating are more expensive.

Sean

putting my rear on this week. man the stock rear rotor is ugly!

They are great rotors (and we sell them too) even though the suckers are pricey. Not 100% sure they are needed but they are better then stock for aggressive riding. BUT, if you have the newer forks (93 and up) they quit selling the floating rotors due to interfernce with the rotor bolt heads and forks. You can modify either the bolt or rotor to work. Of course the floating are more expensive.

Sean

Do they sell non-floating ones that will fit without the modification? Do you think the Carr bolts will clear the fork with the floaters?

They do sell non-floaters for the newer Vmax's and they are cheaper too. The carr's might but I haven't measured them.

Sean

The floaters do fit. Galpher supplies the fasterns. They clear but a lady bug better not be walking up the forks when the wheel turns. I just sent my fronts back to Galpher. Excessive runout. Waiting to hear back from them about what they will do for me.

Dave #3505

not great reviews.. finally got mine fitted.. will update later tonight with feelings, or at least tomorrow

Unless something changed from a few weeks ago (maybe more like a month) they quit selling the floating rotors for the 93 and up. I told them what they needed to do to make them work (and still work for the R1/R6 they were still using them on). Not sure if they did that or not.

In fact, I just got off the phone from Galfer. They catalog lists the part number as DF488 and shows it as floating. The actual rotor is not floating though, so it would be a big disappointment when it showed up. Still a nice rotor though. The rear is also not floating. You can get an adapter for 4 piston R1 caliper and then get the larger rotor and be good.

Pricing (each):
Non Floating Front - DF488 - Retail $261 - Your price $215
Non Floating Rear - DF459 - Retail $186 - Your Price $150

Floating Front (note that bolt heads may not clear without modification) - DF474 - Retail $320 - Your Price $250

Plus shipping.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back