Gap between lower triple tree and neck????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juansvmax

Reaction score
Been having issue since had neck apart. Rough roads are really rough and bumps rougher then normal. Is there supposed to be a gap around 1/8" maybe little smaller between neck and lower triple. First time taking one apart and I'm nervous its gonna come apart! Especially with wife on back. Did bounce test, seemed fine and no notchy feeling when I move bars back and forth. On ground or off. I've tryed all I can think of. Help? Anyone please

My biggest question is what's the worst case? Will the bearing explode? Making the bike uncontrollable and a for sure crash?

I might be wrong....but it looks ok to me....but hopefully someone else will chime in also. I THINK mine is the same...but I'm at work and going off of memory. You put it on the center stand...and left up on the neck and see if its loose.

Looks pretty normal to me.

That bearing only moves as fast as you turn the handle bars. Chances of it exploding are practically non-existent.

The triple isn't going to fall off unless the top 3 nuts are gone and the front wheel is 12" off the pavement.

Its normal. Below the lower bearing theres a shoulder to raise the bearing so you can pry it out for replacement.

steering_puller.jpg
$_35.JPG

Back