Garage Door Remote Switch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxflame

Reaction score
I can't even count the number of garage door remotes I've lost while riding my vmax. Does anyone here have suggestions how to mount a remote switch on the bike to open a garage door?

this is what i did. took some hook-n-loop tape i had lying around and placed it on top of my instrument cluster. no probs since october of last year. and i can take it out and move it to my truck when i have drive four wheels.

Attachments

• P3181300.jpg
    P3181300.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 21
I can't even count the number of garage door remotes I've lost while riding my vmax. Does anyone here have suggestions how to mount a remote switch on the bike to open a garage door?

I used my spare Sears remote switch and did the modification described in this website. It is the last one listed in the "bolt on mods-harder" section. I put the remote just in front of the coolant recovery tank, and mounted the momentary switch within reach of my thumb, on the right-hand handlebar. Works great!

http://www.gadgetjq.com/gadgetsfixitpage.htm#lighting

This website is for Kawasaki Nomads, but many of the mods can be used or adapted for any bike. A do-it-yourselfer's Heaven!
Cheers, Miles

thanks for this useful info. i will give these suggestions a whirl. i can't wait until no more lost remotes...they get expensive to keep replacing!
thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back