Gas Filler Neck

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vmaxman

Reaction score
Has anyone seen directions on how to extend to gas cap filler neck on a Max? I know I've seen it somewhere. I have a Corbin seat with the damn trap door and it's really hard to top off the tank when you can't see the top.

Has anyone seen directions on how to extend to gas cap filler neck on a Max? I know I've seen it somewhere. I have a Corbin seat with the damn trap door and it's really hard to top off the tank when you can't see the top.

Not heard of it but you could buy the new Corbin with the plug instead.:thumbs up:

Oh and welcome to the forum!

There is a fuel neck extender that are made for boats. You attach it to yours with a clamp. I'll find the actual product name for you.

I found the info, you have to make it. It uses parts from a marine exhaust hose.

It was impossible to fill the gas tank with my new Corbin Seat. The suggested fix was to take the seat off each time I filled up. I ride to much to put with that. This my solution: I went to a boat yard and got some rubber reenforced water exhust hose. I got a gas cap off e-bay that has a hinged flap so that you dont't have to take off the gas cap when filling. Using hose clamps it all went together neat. The Corbin seat's gas fill hole slides nicely over the whole affair.

The gas cap is "threaded" on to the pipe and held tight by a hose clamp. The flap is hinged and allows for the gas pump nozzel to be inserted without having to remove the cap. (Bungee cord is holding fender up because I've taken off grab bar to have it chromed and to put a brake light reflector mod on.

picture 1.jpg

This is marine exhaust hose. It bits over the OEM gas cap flange and is secured with a hose clamp. The black cap on top is a gas cap replacement that has a hinged flap to allow a pump nozzle to be inserted without taking the cap off. Marine wet exhaust hose is very heavy duty is is made to handle all the crap that would be coming out of an engine so it very easily handles the clean gas that passes over it on its way to the tank.

picture 2.jpg

I just got done putting my Corbin on and doing the same thing. I used about 6" of 2" Radiator hose and a Stant gas cap like yours. Hose was $7 and gas cap was $15.

Any issues with fuel and the rubber of those water hoses? I know that fuel line tends to be made of different compound rubber.

My question, Buster (or anyone who has done this mod), is.......

When you top up to the new cap level it's fuel tight at the connection of hose to gas tank? I would imagine it is but have to ask "for the record"..... I should do this upgrade with my old style Corbin........

Latest posts

Back