Gas for VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max_V_Max

Reaction score
Hi guys, what kind of gas do you put in your VMax's 1700? I used to use 94 for my bikes before and preferred Chevron but my dealer recommends 91 and definitely Shell as Shell has some “special formula” that makes their gasoline the best for the VMax engine...
So, 91 or 94? Shell or whatever? Any thoughts?unnamed.jpg

Have been running 86 in mine no problems but I’m also at 3600ft so that helps.

Have been running 86 in mine no problems but I’m also at 3600ft so that helps.
At 4000-7000 feet, I can tell the difference between 86 and 91. At my elevation, they dont have 94. At 86 octane, I cant really ride mine spiritedly. It feels like its held back and I run hotter with it. 91, it runs cooler and more power available.

Did several dragy runs and trips to the track and can tell you the bike has more power with 86 at elevation.

Hi guys, what kind of gas do you put in your VMax's 1700? I used to use 94 for my bikes before and preferred Chevron but my dealer recommends 91 and definitely Shell as Shell has some “special formula” that makes their gasoline the best for the VMax engine...
So, 91 or 94? Shell or whatever? Any thoughts?View attachment 84589
I got 2019 max at 8800 miles now always use premium 91 either chevron or shell and as long as it’s not Arco but nothing against Arco and I use Arco in cars but not max

Back