gas from breather pipe?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penguin

Reaction score
Ok when the bike is running I have gas coming out of the two left hand breather tubes that screw to the top of the air filter. Bearing in mind its not running well Im assuming that this isnt normal. Any suggestions guys?

Ok when the bike is running I have gas coming out of the two left hand breather tubes that screw to the top of the air filter. Bearing in mind its not running well Im assuming that this isnt normal. Any suggestions guys?
Stage 7 ?
Stuck float bowls maybe tap the bowls with the wooden part of a hammer.

Stuck floats and tap on the bowls. And that is tap.....if you hit you might break stuff.

Since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I made this up.. It messed me up also when I 1st got my 91.. :) These guys on this form educated me on what to look for.. Best way I can say thanks is to help out someone else.

Note: If you have gas coming from the (2) breather hoses, that means you have fuel leaking from the two left carbs. you may have some debris or rust coming from your tank, getting between the rubber tip of the needle, stopping it from seating correctly.

If you have to break into the carbs to replace anything, don't do what I did, when starting with this bike. I kept trying to attack the symptom (leaky carbs, not running right, stumbling at higher revs,, etc). Attack it at the source.. Your Gas Tank.

Carb rebiuld kit.jpg

Back on the road,,, Hitting it and draining the float chambers seems to have worked. Need to take carbs off and give good clean etc but need to order new inlet rubber tubes and some carb gaskets before I start ripping things to pieces lol.
Thanks for the hekp as always, you guys rock

Latest posts

Back