Gas tank vent hose is blocked

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KDIMD

Reaction score
My bike was having difficulty starting. I read a post about vapor lock. When i undo the gas cap. I hear a sucking spund from pressure intank equalizing. I checked the hose and the plastic connector in the middle had melted and blocked air flow. So i removed the connector but.am worried gas may vent to the hot pipe below.

Should i be concerned? Does any gas actually vent out? Or should remove the hose from the tank itself?

My bike was having difficulty starting. I read a post about vapor lock. When i undo the gas cap. I hear a sucking spund from pressure intank equalizing. I checked the hose and the plastic connector in the middle had melted and blocked air flow. So i removed the connector but.am worried gas may vent to the hot pipe below.

Should i be concerned? Does any gas actually vent out? Or should remove the hose from the tank itself?

My bike did it again yesterday, I haven't looked into the vents yet, good luck:ummm:

I unplugged it from the tank and tried to blow thru it and couldnt. Thats when i pulled thr whol hise and found the melted connector. Anywsy, it started up but dont know if thats the reason it didnt start after running a bit.

I unplugged it from the tank and tried to blow thru it and couldnt. Thats when i pulled thr whol hise and found the melted connector. Anywsy, it started up but dont know if thats the reason it didnt start after running a bit.

On the front of the battery box is a roll over valve to keep gas from running out. Is this what you are talking about that was melted ? If so it should be replaced.

On the front of the battery box is a roll over valve to keep gas from running out. Is this what you are talking about that was melted ? If so it should be replaced.

Agreed.
I'd also be concerned about why it melted:ummm:Should be no source of that much heat near the valve.
Cheers!

Ok, googled it and it is the roll over valve. How critical is it if i dont have one? Assume only purpose is to prevent gas leaking out in event of tip over.

Latest posts

Back