Gates - A tomkins rubber company

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satariel666

Reaction score
I need help.
Does anybody have or had dealt with Gates or ever ask them for technical help?
I send them coupla emails and did not got any response.
I wonder that they ever cared about non commercial customers...

In the past I didnt have any problems with contact them...:ummm:

What i need is a tru 3D CAD file, could be a STEP or whatever 3D file of 14mm pitch pulley for GT profile. The best wish would be to have 14mm pitch, 28 teeths and 37mm wide for carbon belt.

They have all files avaible on thier website but those are not TRU files cuz the patentet tooth pattern they say - I bealive the only reason why they dont have TRU CAD files listed on thier website is the bisness of selling thier own pulleys :smileystooges:

Meanwhile I want to make my own cutter cuz i want CUSTOM pulley.
I dont like thier pulleys!

I will have no problems with buying cheapo pulley form ebay and scan the tooth patern on a 3D mesuring coordinate machine or on CNC mill.
But another wasted money and time...

What I have found over the internet is a bunch of post where users says "call the Gates support, they will give you any file you want".
As I have a problems with continental calling I tought that someone here could help me out?

So this is what I need:

http://www.catalogds.com/db/service...category=poly_chain_metal&product=14MX-28S-37

And this is thier contact page:

http://www.gates.com/gatesataglance/index.cfm?site_section=industrialPT

Thanks in advance.

Hey P, Send me the email and I'll clean it up so it's sounds more like an American sending it. You're English is GREAT, but it's not perfect. It may help them and put them at ease that you're not some scammer.

When I see an email sent to me with errors in spelling and grammer, I dismiss it as spam.

Chris

Hey P, Send me the email and I'll clean it up so it's sounds more like an American sending it. You're English is GREAT, but it's not perfect. It may help them and put them at ease that you're not some scammer.

When I see an email sent to me with errors in spelling and grammer, I dismiss it as spam.

Chris
Chris,

Yeah I know my grammar is inperfect but my english is for sure understandable.

I have some plans to join some english classes in this year to imporve my grammr. For now im studing some rules myself but its very dificult without a teacher.

I was coresponding with Gates support in the past, fast answer with no problems.
Its becomes HARSH recently.
I have filled all fields with Company data so they can validiate all thie info at any time - in this case I must say its very strange to me.

If may I ask you a farvor to give a try and call them, ask about the CAD files for custom gear cutting service couse you need a very specific gear in your drive design project - that would be great.

Chris,

Yeah I know my grammar is inperfect but my english is for sure understandable.

I have some plans to join some english classes in this year to imporve my grammr. For now im studing some rules myself but its very dificult without a teacher.

I was coresponding with Gates support in the past, fast answer with no problems.
Its becomes HARSH recently.
I have filled all fields with Company data so they can validiate all thie info at any time - in this case I must say its very strange to me.

If may I ask you a farvor to give a try and call them, ask about the CAD files for custom gear cutting service couse you need a very specific gear in your drive design project - that would be great.

Honestly P, It's SO over my head, that I don't feel comfortable doing so.

Sean may though...

Honestly though, your grammer is DAMN good, just not perfect.

Prez, I'd help you in a second brother, but you're so far over my head intellectually that I don't even know what you're talking about! :ummm:

Dan my friend, I will try to make myself more clear:

I want 3d drawnings files(like autocad), with pulley/sprocket designed for Gates poly chain carbon belt.

PC1.jpg

They have that kind of files ready to download from thier website but, those files are only for reference. The tooth pattern ilustrated in those files is not TRU to be used for custom pulley machining.

I need somoene to ask them about the CAD files for custom gear cutting service couse I need a very specific gear in mine drive design project - thats all.

Honestly P, It's SO over my head, that I don't feel comfortable doing so.

Sean may though...

Honestly though, your grammer is DAMN good, just not perfect.

Thanks for your willings to help.
No worries, I understand.

I have tried to ask some engeenier colegues but you know what is like, childerns, home...no time.

My grammer will improve - I can promise that, damn im only 26 so I have a time LOL

Przemek -> i called their customer service and they had no idea what i was talkign about so directed me to their tech department. No one answered so i left a message as best I understood what you wanted. if i don't hear anything in a few hours i'll try again.

Przemek -> i called their customer service and they had no idea what i was talkign about so directed me to their tech department. No one answered so i left a message as best I understood what you wanted. if i don't hear anything in a few hours i'll try again.

Thanks!

Tell them I dont looking for any series production, all I want is to machine 2 pulleys for custom non profic app.

they just called me back and said they don't give out the tooth dimensions for free (i think thats what they meant) i didn't follow completely.

however they have the teeth dimensions book for $125 here:

http://www.gatesstore.com/category.i?catid=8:1

Hmm thats strange cuz i have found many posts in the internet where the people were saying that they got those files from gates with NP... :ummm:

Maybe they changed their policy? Dunno...

Thanks for the help....i think i will buy a 40$ pulley from ebay and i will 3d scan the tooth pattern...125$ is a bit high for me...

Back