Gave her a bath today.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatatjoz

Reaction score
Well, I let my tags expire a few days ago. I couldn't ride today, and it had to be a good fifty something degrees outside. I did excuse myself a little though (I'm only going to blow dry it real quick. I'm not really riding it....)
I have to give her a bath a little more often and not treat her like my last rat. The ol' gal cleans up real nice, dont'cha think?

What do you guys use for cleaning the rims? anything highly recommended?

Attachments

• bathtime (Medium).jpg
    bathtime (Medium).jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 22
  • joemax (Custom).jpg
    joemax (Custom).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 24
Looks sweet!

Tags never stopped me from riding, hell I've been out of inspection for almost a year already!

I just use a soapy rag and then follow up with armor-all or tire-black/wet-n-black etc. on the rims and wipe it off REALLY good.

They have a plastic coating on them so once they start getting screwed up there's not much you can do about it.

Well they are twenty one years old... maybe it's time to strip them, and get 'em shiny again.

I'm doing that now, it's too much like work. The one side is untouched and the other - you can see a reflection. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow. Ya your bike looks great for the age, makes ya think that they might last forever !

Last edited:
are you planning on putting a clear on when you're done, or just polish the hell out of them?

All of this pretty stuff is new to me. My bikes have always been rats that I've bought for less than three hundred bucks. The last one was a Seca that I bought for $75, fixed, hit with primer, and just rode.
Any good detailing tips would be appreciated.

Sand, buff, polish, apply clear coat, then wax a few times. I tried to take a few pics as is, but the batteries are @. I will post. I got time - spring won't be here anytime soon.
I tried, everything....on the scoops but the coating was bad in a couple of spots. I had to refinish. The rims had marks on them I couldn't get off no matter what used. I was happy when the scoops turned out pretty good, so I said to hell with it, I'll do the rims too. I figured I have all winter anyways.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back