Geico = Crack Addicts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EvilD

Reaction score
My online quote was $900 for 3 cars, about what i pay with another carrier who i want to drop, they call me and tell me there is sombody else on a claim, no idea who it is (this only comes up with Geico), than they tell me becasue of 2 tickes(stop sign and cell phone) and a minor accident(less than $1000 damage to a car that was illegally parked) they have to adjust the rate, to $2500!!! Seriouosly are they trying to put themself under like AIG so they get a bail out? Now i had these guy before withthe exact same record and my rates wee no where near what they just quoted me. They are seriously on crack.

My online quote was $900 for 3 cars, about what i pay with another carrier who i want to drop, they call me and tell me there is sombody else on a claim, no idea who it is (this only comes up with Geico), than they tell me becasue of 2 tickes(stop sign and cell phone) and a minor accident(less than $1000 damage to a car that was illegally parked) they have to adjust the rate, to $2500!!! Seriouosly are they trying to put themself under like AIG so they get a bail out? Now i had these guy before withthe exact same record and my rates wee no where near what they just quoted me. They are seriously on crack.

They are not on crack....you are a previous customer that dropped them for someone else......they do not care if you come back or not...if you do you will pay dearly.....You are seen as a greater risk because you are not a stable customer....

They can charge whatever they want....they obviously do not want you back:confused2:

They are not on crack....you are a previous customer that dropped them for someone else......they do not care if you come back or not...if you do you will pay dearly.....You are seen as a greater risk because you are not a stable customer....

They can charge whatever they want....they obviously do not want you back:confused2:
yep, they made that more than obious. And them, like a lot of other campanies, will be asking for federal money to bail them out becasue they are losing paying customers. Not caring about wheter they have customers or not has becaome the greedy coporate way of life in the US unfournatly because we have stupid politicians that will just keep throwing money at them. 15-20 years ago if i told a company i was no longer using them I'd get a phone call with in minutes trying to keep me as a customer, even if was for $100/year. And thats when companies could afford to loose customers. Not today. Greed has completly taken over.

give state farm a call... I pay 45/ mo. for full coverage on my zx14. I'm 22 years old with several tickets

Geico has been like that for years!! I was thinking of switching companies about 7 years ago and the Geico quote was 1k more per year, I just laughed at the guy and told him good luck.

Remember that diff regions=different costs to insure.

LA would cost more than say Omaha due to the theft rate differences and surrounding roads.

I pay 320 a year for my Vmax and 195.00 for my SV.

Stae Farm is extremely exspensive, not insance lie Geico, but way more most. Progressive was under $1000.

I was on a jury for a Geico case where a client of theirs was in an accident and they did'nt want to pay for anything..I would avoid Geico..if you are just a paying customer with no incidents your fine..once something happens you'll get a completely different attitude

In my day, I have been bitch-slapped by the good hands of Allstate, plowed under by State Farm, on the bad side of Nationwide, if they insure, I have probably them. Briefly anyway .

Currently I am with Progressive, and while not just overjoyed at my rates, I can live with it.

That being said, I will NEVER be getting Geico insurance because of what happened to a good friend of mine who had Geico.

While my friend was overseas (in the military), his Brother-in-law wrecked his truck. Called Geico right away. Had to have it towed to a body shop so a Geico Adjuster could look at it. He didn't show that day. He didn't show that week. My friends pregnant wife was still without wheels, so she called Geico again. They said that they didn't have an adjuster in our area, and would get someone there as soon as they could.

His truck stayed in the body shop waiting on an adjuster for five and a half weeks before the body shop could even start working on it and ordering parts.
The truck was down for almost two and a half months because they couldn't get adjuster down here?

I know I live in BFE, but that is ridiculous.

I too am a Geico HATER but from the other side. Well I had Gecko car insurance at the time but a guy knocked over my Max in the parking lot had gecko. Several weeks to get an adjuster to look at it. They paid six weeks of car rental because of it. They were wanting to pay for items that were never on my bike to start with because no one asked me anything. They made me look up all the custom parts and custom work and ended up paying $2,700 bucks for a parking lot tip over but it took them a year to settle because of my threats to sue and pressuring them through the state insurance watch dogs. Geico. YOU SUCK. I would ride with no insurance before I took free insurance from those scum sucking pigs.

immigrants do it right no license no insurance .. and save big

Progressive was great on my accident. I had the coverage for accessories also and they paid immediately the same day the adjuster came out. He looked up everything on line and printed the check on a mobile printer before he left. On the stuff he couldn't find, he took my prices I printed off the net. The prices he paid were slightly less than full retail but a lot more than I had to pay using our discounts. He even paid labor and I did that myself, saving me mucho bucks. All in all, my best experience ever with an insurance company.

I'm looking for home insurance right now. Not sure who to go with for that. I have Progressive for all of my vehicles.

Has anyone besides me seen this site?:
http://insurance.freeadvice.com/reviews/index.htm#listallhttp://insurance.freeadvice.com/reviews/index.ht

Select the insurance company you are interested in looking at and you'll see a bunch of reviews on there. I've looked over some of the big names - Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, Geico, etc.... Looks like all of them have unhappy customers.

I'm looking for home insurance right now. Not sure who to go with for that. I have Progressive for all of my vehicles.

Has anyone besides me seen this site?:
http://insurance.freeadvice.com/reviews/index.htm#listall

Select the insurance company you are interested in looking at and you'll see a bunch of reviews on there. I've looked over some of the big names - Progressive, State Farm, Allstate, Geico, etc.... Looks like all of them have unhappy customers.

Insurance is a protection racket not unlike the mob.....or a ponzi scheme....

They take your money.....betting on the fact that you will never file a claim....your rate is based on the likelyhood of you filing a claim.....

None of them EVER want to pay out......EVER.....

But most of them will pay out small claims fairly quickly.....

Once you get over a couple of thousand dollars......WATCH OUT.....

THey will start fighting tooth and nail to avoid payout.....lawyers and courts and contract fine print.......

50% of the time the claimant will lose.....

In the half that the claimant wins, his present insurer will jack his rates so high he won't be able afford it.......or they will drop you outright...

Which will make you an extreme risk to all the other insurers....

It's a game you can't win:bang head:

One of the good things about being 58 (gonna be 59 on the 18th) is the break I seem to have gotten on all my vehicle insurances.

I just renewed 3 bikes on a Progressive Insurance policy... The '85 Max, the 2002 Roadstar, and my wife's 2004 Suzuki Burgman 400.

Total cost for the 12 months? $76.00! Of course, that's only liability - not colission. I own them all outright, and am not obligated by a lender to carry collission. (one of those 2 spellings of colission is right, I think!)

If you can get USAA ..also a very good company..no hassles and very prompt..i have progressive for bike but everything else is with them

2000 Vmax full comp and collision.....$250.00 deductible.....

Through GEICO......$150.00 per year:confused2:

Back