Quantcast

" gel battery "

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I'M LOOKING FOR A SOLID GEL BATTERY THAT WILL FIT RIGHT IN MY "06" CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME THE WEB-SITE & THE PART NUMBER PLEASE ?...:confused2:

Storloc

Reaction score
Fwiw it isnt an exact match dimensionally to the oem but close enough you wont have any trouble. I bought one after my oem started leaving me stranded almost 6 years ago and it still cranks the bike over like it did when new! I can let it sit all winter and it'll crank over like I rode it the day before.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
fwiw it isnt an exact match dimensionally to the oem but close enough you wont have any trouble. I bought one after my oem started leaving me stranded almost 6 years ago and it still cranks the bike over like it did when new! I can let it sit all winter and it'll crank over like i rode it the day before.
" cool " , it's on it's way !

PATMAX

Reaction score
CR, Looks like you got a good deal as I just got mine earlier this year and paid $141.00 from a distributor in my own state! Ouch. looks like I overpaid. Once I started using it, I had no problem with the cost as it is everything I could want in a battery. I did have a little issue with mounting my leads to the battery. They give you some nice gold adapters but I could not use them on my bike and I still am not happy with the hookup but it works. I found mine to actually be a bit smaller than my battery box and ended up adding some foam to take up empty space. Now I wonder if my battery box was not changed sometime in the past since everyone is saying it is a direct or drop in fit. Hmmm?

dannymax

Reaction score
Going to find out real soon Pat, I ordered mine today also. Got it from BatteryMart which, I think, is in VA. Ordered it at noon today, it's already in the UPS tracking system, it'll be here Friday!!!

$115.41, same price as Coprunners....free shipping to boot! :clapping:

dannymax

Reaction score
Danny, Did you order terminals with yours, or does the battery come with the necessary connections?
Kevin-The 'L' brackets come with the battery.....same with Coprunners supplier too. Only difference between the two, that I can see, Tim had to call a toll free number to order, I ordered on line.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
I GOT MY PC680 ODYSSEY BATTERY , ITS AWESOME ! CRANKS THE BIKE OVER LIKE A MOTHERF!@#ER ! MY STOCK 2 YEAR OLD BATTERY HAD 3 BAD CELLS & HAD BOILED OVER A LITTLE & GOT ONTO THE RIGHT REAR COIL CONNECTOR & CRUSTED IT UP A LITTLE & I HAD TO FIX THAT ! BUT MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE ! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE PUTTING ONE OF THESE SEALED ODYSSEY BATTERIES IN ! ...:punk:

dannymax

Reaction score
Danny, Did you order terminals with yours, or does the battery come with the necessary connections?
Kevin-My cable ends were perfectly compatable with the Odyssey terminals. I didn't need to use the 'L' brackets that came with it.

Pat, it sounds like something was changed on your bike, my cable ends had a right angle bend that fit over the top ridge on the battery just right.

The battery itself is a little bit smaller than the box but not much.

mr.maxx

Reaction score
hmmm gonna have to get me one of those:punk:

yu freakin guys are costin me to much $$$$$$$$$.....

dam vmax nutz....:rofl_200:

4gasem

Reaction score
I'm running the Panasonic GEL cell with great results. I swapped it out three years ago when I bought the max as I don't like the acid getting on the bike and eating through the paint and what not. I leave it connected to a battery tender all the time though. I still have my original battery in my truck from 1997 and it's on the same type of tender. Anyway... Both are a good deal IMO.

Chris

Nicki66

Reaction score
Danny, thanks for the input.

Now after listening to what CR says about his battery, I think that I need to change mine. More $$$ into the Max.

dannymax

Reaction score
4Gasem mentioned a good point...acid!! The only blemish on my '99 was caused by a drop of acid on an upper frame rail. That stuff gets spilled and unless it's neutralized with a baking soda/water solution it goes to work eating and deteriorating your bike.

Good thing to look for when considering a 2nd hand bike.....acid spills!

Latest posts