Gen 1 - 1985 Spark Plug Recommendations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BC

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got a 1985 with a DynoJet Stage 7, 4 - K & N Air Filters (photo attached) and a 4-into-1 Kerker Exhaust setup. What spark plugs would you recommend ? Bike is a beast and very powerful .... I suspect andditional engine work may have been done to the bike at some time but although I've owned it nearly 2 decades I've never verified an additional engine mod's. Bike has been running Yamaha NGK-DPR9E-A9-00 spark plugs previously but looking for any new recommendations or suggestions.

Attachments

• 4 - K & N Air Filters.jpg
    4 - K & N Air Filters.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 15
What do you perceive to be the problem with the ones you have? If the plugs are the correct colour after a long run then I say leave them alone.

On 2 occasions I fitted fancy expensive platinum tipped plugs to 2 of my cars, both would not run, pulled them out, sooted up, replaced with the standard ones and no problems.

As for vmax, no work I'm aware of to the engine, so DPR8EA-9.

What do you perceive to be the problem with the ones you have? If the plugs are the correct colour after a long run then I say leave them alone.

On 2 occasions I fitted fancy expensive platinum tipped plugs to 2 of my cars, both would not run, pulled them out, sooted up, replaced with the standard ones and no problems.

As for vmax, no work I'm aware of to the engine, so DPR8EA-9.

Thank you for the response. I had already gone with the NGK - DPR8EA-9's BC

Back