Gen 1 BLACK MUFFLER

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavicool

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello;
Please,anyone could tell me in what years the VMax´s install the black muffler´s? is a special edition?
Are they interchangeable between 86 ´til 07?
Best regards.

1UT-14710-12-00 MUFFLER ASSY 1 1 (85-95,98-07) Chrome w/Black End Caps
1UT-14710-10-00 MUFFLER ASSY 1 Obsolete 1 (85 only) Chrome Larger ID Outlets
1UT-14710-21-00 MUFFLER ASY L 1 (96-97) Black

Hello;
Please,anyone could tell me in what years the VMax´s install the black muffler´s? is a special edition?
Are they interchangeable between 86 ´til 07?
Best regards.
I know my '99 carbon fibre Canadian bike came with a black muffler.

Yes it was purchased new. If my memory serves me correctly, they were chrome on the American models, but black in Canada. I had a friend back then that bought an 01 new that was still the carbon fibre color, but I can't for the life of me recall if the mufflers were still black. I just remember that his had the fork leg protectors added by Yamaha after 99. I think that was the only way we could tell them apart.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202-063111_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202-063111_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Yes it was purchased new. If my memory serves me correctly, they were chrome on the American models, but black in Canada. I had a friend back then that bought an 01 new that was still the carbon fibre color, but I can't for the life of me recall if the mufflers were still black. I just remember that his had the fork leg protectors added by Yamaha after 99. I think that was the only way we could tell them apart.

Just purchased an '02 and it has black mufflers. Got me curious now. Previous owner says owner before him put on " Special edition tins" on it for the esthetics. Wonder now if mufflers were original on the bike. See pictures in the Introductions section under "New from California".

Just purchased an '02 and it has black mufflers. Got me curious now. Previous owner says owner before him put on " Special edition tins" on it for the esthetics. Wonder now if mufflers were original on the bike. See pictures in the Introductions section under "New from California".
I have them on my 1991 as well. Definitely an addition by the 1st owner and I've had plenty of people make offers for them but I really like the look.

I don't know about non-U.S. manufactured Vmaxes, but the U.S. produced models only came with the black factory mufflers in 1996 and 1997. I have a like new set from my 97 that I boxed and stored when the kerker system was installed in 97/98.
fuzzy

Back