GEN 1 Exhaust Question - Supertrapp Slip-Ons

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motor-Officer

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me if the carbs need to be adjusted or re-jetted if a pair of Supertrapp slip-ons are swapped for the original stock mufflers?
Thanks for any help.

You can leave it as is or swap in a set of smaller mains (typically 147.5 or 150's)

I thought the rule of thumb is if you run fewer plates you can leave the stock jets, but if you open them up with more plates you need to install the smaller jets.

I have them on mine (2006) with no re-jetting and it runs fine. I do have a K&N air filter, if that matters at all? I hope you like a bit more sound though. To me the engine is the instrument and the Supertrapps are the amplifier. I love the high and low sounds of this engine spooling up and down. Music - to my gearhead ears.

I have a pair I've never used, because I have a UFO Dragstar 4/1 instead, w/a literbike exhaust canister, which solved the too-loud sound of Jon Cornell's exhaust. Jon's 4/1 Dragstar, the exhaust which keeps audiologists everywhere gainfully-employed.

I never heard the 4 into 1 in person, but I have heard the quadzilla in person. Sounds like a small block Chevy on open headers. Just deafening.

Fire Medic ,would you like to get rid of those supertrapps?
If you saw my store of spare parts, you'd definitely want to pilfer 'em. Thanks for the offer, but presently, no, I'm not selling.

I keep trying to find the time to finish work on bikes to-sell, but I've been so-busy w/other things, I'm not making much-progress.

Bay City, that's The Thumb, isn't it?

Back