Gen 1, One pic from the isle of man TT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diablo

Reaction score
On the mountain, waving at the cameraman on the damned mountain. Stupid thing to be doing. Anyway, thats Me on Snaefell. (added more pics and a video later in the thread).

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 361
Last edited:
For some reason I cant add multiple images, best I can do is one per post. So I apologise up front for the extra posts to add new pictures. We called it the bad clown tour by the way.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 136
Douglas, on Marine drive. A pair of Maxes at test before hitting the road again.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 124
Another angle, Marine drive, Douglas

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 115
How does the bike feel with the clipons at speed blasting through curves and normal riding?

How does the bike feel with the clipons at speed blasting through curves and normal riding?

I personally prefer them to sit up and beg bars. Dont get me wrong, happily ride aroind for a while with normal bars and had no complaints. But with clip ons, It puts a little more weight on the front wheel and certainly makes a difference during hard acceleration. Normal riding, which i will go ahead and think means more sedate, is good, but obviously not as comfortable as arm chair mode of a standard set up. Through the curves at speed, awesome, but no doubt so is a standard setup to everyone else. The engine bars were my limiting factor rather than anything else as they kept hitting tarmac. I prefer the low look more than anything. The fact it has higher rearsets also means more ground clearance, until tbey were fitted i was always catching my boot on the floor in fast cornering.

Downsides:-
less steering lock, i had to drill and tap the lower yoke stops to fit a bolt and limit the bars or they would slam into the scoops, not something you would likely do riding, but pushing the bike around is a pain when you know the bars will hit metal.
Suitable mirrors, when you are trying to go low, the last thing you want is mirrors stuck in the air. Looks odd with clipons, so went with (something i dont actually like on bikes) bar end mirrors.
Tidying up the top yoke is also a pain. Because the normal top yoke is drilled to accept the bars mounting and speedo, it makes life difficult in getting that area right. Then there is the issue that the indicator mount can interfere with the clipons fitment, not that it mattered as i did away with the normal style front indicators and went with fork mount leds. The top yoke on mine has had the holes that held the big block for the bars filled and machined back to look right along with a speedo mount added.
Throttle cables look odd now, but thats only til I get new shorter cables made.

...... I prefer the low look more than anything. ....

It does look pretty badass.
:punk:

Do you have any closer pics?
thanks.

T$

edit: Wait are you in Manchester NH or Manchester CT?(I'm in Vernon CT, right next door to Manch CT is why I ask.) You said 200 Miles, but its only like 44 mi from Manchester NH, so naturally I started thinkin.. :hmmm:

Or maybe of course you're from Manchester England, and came (with your bike) to visit somebody that lives 200 Mi away from Laconia. Yeah, that seems more plausible to me..

:rofl_200:

It does look pretty badass.
:punk:

Do you have any closer pics?
thanks.

T$

edit: Wait are you in Manchester NH or Manchester CT?(I'm in Vernon CT, right next door to Manch CT is why I ask.) You said 200 Miles, but its only like 44 mi from Manchester NH, so naturally I started thinkin.. :hmmm:

Or maybe of course you're from Manchester England, and came (with your bike) to visit somebody that lives 200 Mi away from Laconia. Yeah, that seems more plausible to me..

:rofl_200:

UK Bud.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 86

Latest posts

Back