• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 supertrapps

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 supertrapps fit 85 to 07. These have a couple minor imperfections. I tried to picture them but they really don't show up and I doubt anyone would notice them once they are mounted. $ 225 plus shipping and PayPal fees. Please email not PM [email protected] 20210224_121139.jpg20210224_121139.jpg O53838.jpeg20210224_121104.jpg20210224_121054.jpg

Attachments

• 20210224_121124.jpg
    20210224_121124.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210224_121119.jpg
    20210224_121119.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 11
Better-than a full-exhaust four-into-four system from Cobra, because it won't cost you horsepower! And, much-cheaper!

Buy a box of ear plugs and put several packets in each pocket of every jacket or vest you'll ever use on the Max Trapp. Eventually you'll find the last packet and be glad you found it. And after a couple of rides your buddies will be borrowing and eventually stealing them from you when you go to the bathroom at lunch. I like the soft tapered foam ones. The plastic finned ones on a lanyard hurt after 50 miles.

Buy a box of ear plugs and put several packets in each pocket of every jacket or vest you'll ever use on the Max Trapp. Eventually you'll find the last packet and be glad you found it. And after a couple of rides your buddies will be borrowing and eventually stealing them from you when you go to the bathroom at lunch. I like the soft tapered foam ones. The plastic finned ones on a lanyard hurt after 50 miles.
That loud and annoying? Lol. My buddy has a Kerker exhaust and he's usually in front of me leading the pack, so now its my turn for some noise. Lol

Got mine from a member here. And, they are loud. I would like to have someone ride it so I can hear it. Love the looks and deep rumble. Enjoy them.....

Got mine from a member here. And, they are loud. I would like to have someone ride it so I can hear it. Love the looks and deep rumble. Enjoy them.....
Can't wait was debating on whether to drill my stock mufflers but they are in to good of shape to destroy just for sound. Then came across these. Couldn't pass them up from what I researched and watched clips on ol' YouTube. Hope they sound and look as good as I have seen. Ear plugs shouldn't be a problem i can get unlimited supply from work. Lol.

For a trip to the bar and back or a few rips up the street they're OK. For an all day ride they get boring. You decide after a 3 hr 1 way and let us know. You could take out all but one baffle plate but then it's no longer a Max !!

Can't wait was debating on whether to drill my stock mufflers but they are in to good of shape to destroy just for sound. Then came across these. Couldn't pass them up from what I researched and watched clips on ol' YouTube. Hope they sound and look as good as I have seen. Ear plugs shouldn't be a problem i can get unlimited supply from work. Lol.
I have a pair on mine, you will not be disappointed. They were a little bit of a pain to put on, but nothing a piece of wood buffer and a few love taps from a hammer couldn't solve.

One more thing, you will need a washer and nut for the mounting bolts as the stock nuts are welded to the stock pipes.

I don't know off the top of my head, I think they are M10 bolts. I'm pretty sure I just took one of the bolts down to home depot and got some stainless lock washers and nuts that fit. I used the stock bolts.

I don't know off the top of my head, I think they are M10 bolts. I'm pretty sure I just took one of the bolts down to home depot and got some stainless lock washers and nuts that fit. I used the stock bolts.
Thanks for the help. I will do that when I get the pipes this week. I will post back here. Some before and after pictures.

That loud and annoying? Lol. My buddy has a Kerker exhaust and he's usually in front of me leading the pack, so now its my turn for some noise. Lol
Super trapps are not that loud.
Unless you get open end caps.
And even then. A kerker with comp.baffle. Will always sound better.
Everyone loves the sound of a kerker 4 into 1. It makes heads turn. Then there's the fun of. Riding through a parking garage. It sets off car alarms.

Super trapps are not that loud.
Unless you get open end caps.
And even then. A kerker with comp.baffle. Will always sound better.
Everyone loves the sound of a kerker 4 into 1. It makes heads turn. Then there's the fun of. Riding through a parking garage. It sets off car alarms.
Pfuhhh! 'car alarms?' I was inside a parking garage next-to a bank branch entrance, and when I started my Kerker 4/1-equipped bike, the bank alarms went-off! I didn't stay around to see 'why.'

I had a UFO 4/1 system on my bike for Daytona one year, with the balogna-cut diffuser, which is pretty-much a straight-through tube with a wide-diameter perforated cylinder inside it, which does very-little to quiet things. Marcus was there, we all met at Boxenstopp's for the Sat. ride to the Deland Airport for a lunch at the restaurant on the grounds, and Marcus made sure that when he was riding by me, he was on my left. "Too-loud," he said. It was. I later added a literbike exhaust to the UFO header pipes and collector, which quieted things down considerably.

I have a Supertrapp SS 4/1 exhaust for another bike, my FZR1000, and it's a good product. If you run a lot of diffuser discs for the Supertrapp, I believe you won't think it's too-loud.

Drilling-out the OEM megaphone exhaust rivets in the end, and then drilling a few 1/2" holes, and re-fastening the disc will make the bike a bit-more-throaty, without making it excessively-loud. Space it-out, so the 1/2" holes 'work.'

Thanks guys for all the help and knowledge. Iam just hoping for a more deeper aggressive sound then stock for now until I can afford a good kerker system later down rd when I get the bike built up a lil more. This will be a project on the go a lil added at a time.

Latest posts

Back