Quantcast

Gen 1 VMAX Highway/Crash Bar Hardware?

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm the proud new owner of a set of used highway bars that I got from eBay. It didn't come with any of the bolts to mount them, does anyone know what size bolts/washers/nuts I should be picking up to get these bad boys mounted? They are the standard three attachment point style of bars. Thanks in advance.

1badmax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm the proud new owner of a set of used highway bars that I got from eBay. It didn't come with any of the bolts to mount them, does anyone know what size bolts/washers/nuts I should be picking up to get these bad boys mounted? They are the standard three attachment point style of bars. Thanks in advance.
Any pix of these or maybe after you mount them? Thx!

CaptainKyle

Reaction score
They use the factory bolts except for the right side top needs a longer bolt & spacer. I will try to remember to measure the bolt & spacer when I am out in the shop

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They use the factory bolts except for the right side top needs a longer bolt & spacer. I will try to remember to measure the bolt & spacer when I am out in the shop
That would be great, thanks in advance

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That spacer is 3/4 inch long and the bolt is 3 inches you could probably get away with a little shorter bolt. A 3/8 bolt and nut will work fine.
I ended up using the metric equivalent bolt so as not to make it confusing for myself should I ever take them off. They bolted right up no issues. The pair I got off of eBay came with a vintage set of yamaha footpegs already attached, so a little adjustment on them and I'm really digging the set up. I'll get some photos up this weekend.

02GF74

Reaction score
There's a trick to restore putted or slightly rusty chrome by scrunching up some kitchen foil (aluminium), wetting it with water then rubbing it over the affected areas. There's a TV program that they do this to good effect.

Maybe this

Klwallace69

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the pegs on them. I try to rest my feet on the top bar, but it's not comfortable. The vintage pegs also look super cool!

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the pegs on them. I try to rest my feet on the top bar, but it's not comfortable. The vintage pegs also look super cool!
Yea, I am pretty happy with them. Probably going to try the foil rust removal trick mentioned above to see if I can pull a little surface rust off of them, but for $100 shipped I'm a happy camper. EBAY for the win!

one2dmax

Reaction score
We do this conversion for our customers (though i have a few sets of the cheapy bolt on pegs too).

Attachments

Julian Tomkins

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made my own engine bars in stainless but made the top bar a bit longer than the original ones so I can use them as footrests

Latest posts