Gen 1 VMAX Highway/Crash Bar Hardware?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcalAF

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm the proud new owner of a set of used highway bars that I got from eBay. It didn't come with any of the bolts to mount them, does anyone know what size bolts/washers/nuts I should be picking up to get these bad boys mounted? They are the standard three attachment point style of bars. Thanks in advance.

So I'm the proud new owner of a set of used highway bars that I got from eBay. It didn't come with any of the bolts to mount them, does anyone know what size bolts/washers/nuts I should be picking up to get these bad boys mounted? They are the standard three attachment point style of bars. Thanks in advance.
Any pix of these or maybe after you mount them? Thx!

That spacer is 3/4 inch long and the bolt is 3 inches you could probably get away with a little shorter bolt. A 3/8 bolt and nut will work fine.
I ended up using the metric equivalent bolt so as not to make it confusing for myself should I ever take them off. They bolted right up no issues. The pair I got off of eBay came with a vintage set of yamaha footpegs already attached, so a little adjustment on them and I'm really digging the set up. I'll get some photos up this weekend.

There's a trick to restore putted or slightly rusty chrome by scrunching up some kitchen foil (aluminium), wetting it with water then rubbing it over the affected areas. There's a TV program that they do this to good effect.

Maybe this

I like the pegs on them. I try to rest my feet on the top bar, but it's not comfortable. The vintage pegs also look super cool!
Yea, I am pretty happy with them. Probably going to try the foil rust removal trick mentioned above to see if I can pull a little surface rust off of them, but for $100 shipped I'm a happy camper. EBAY for the win!

We do this conversion for our customers (though i have a few sets of the cheapy bolt on pegs too).

Attachments

• 2011-05-21_15-07-51_340.jpg
    2011-05-21_15-07-51_340.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2011-05-21_15-08-01_975.jpg
    2011-05-21_15-08-01_975.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 28
  • 2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 1.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 1.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 2.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Custom Pegs 2.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 2.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 2.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 22
I made my own engine bars in stainless but made the top bar a bit longer than the original ones so I can use them as footrests

We do this conversion for our customers (though i have a few sets of the cheapy bolt on pegs too).
Total noob to the site, first time post, and glad there's a well established VMax group here.

Do you sell these sets of engine crash bars currently? If so, would I be able to get a quote, and possibly provide you a different peg to be attached?

I was thinking something like this perhaps.

Welcome your thoughts and potential options.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322-161901~2.png
    Screenshot_20210322-161901~2.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 14
Total noob to the site, first time post, and glad there's a well established VMax group here.

Do you sell these sets of engine crash bars currently? If so, would I be able to get a quote, and possibly provide you a different peg to be attached?

I was thinking something like this perhaps.

Welcome your thoughts and potential options.

Thank you!
Send Sean an email. He doesn't always read every thread or post on the forum.

[email protected]

The best way to get the ball rolling.

Latest posts

Back