gen 1 vmax is running on seemingly all cylinders but feels way down on power.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think a paper filter is evil, obviously, it's better-than none. I'm sure there are different levels of particulate filtering capacity available, pick one to fit your pocketbook and the level of protection you need. I have the EMGO version of the Earl's scew-together filter. Other than rinsing the bronze element and blowing it out, I've never replaced the filter. If it ever does become plugged, you can take a propane torch to it, and burn-off the accumulated crud, and rinse/blow it out, and re-install it.

Since DannyMax is one of the elder experts on our induction capacities, I would heed his input.

On a different topic, have you watched the Lovecraft Country series, we've watched a couple, and will continue to-watch. BTW, my diploma is in Eldritch Geneological Anatomy and Physiology, from Miskatonic University. 😱👿👹👻💀

LOL, I can understand why you like it, especially with your name. I havent see that series. I do want to see it though.

LOL, I can understand why you like it, especially with your name. I havent see that series. I do want to see it though.
About 'Lovecraft Country:'
The production values are very-high, the costumes are very-period, the vehicles are interesting, the locations are well-chosen, and the special-effects are well-done.

Aaahhhhh the ole "shotgun" blasteroni...yup. every 2 years or so. Dont fall for the old "I think it's a coil or wire or sumpin" cause its dirty carbs for sure. Saturday afternoon and a couple cans of carb clean. Dont forget the "o" rings from harbor freight and ...oh yeah a air compressor lol. Good luck. I'm doing mine soon too. Yay!

A new problem has started with my vmax. I replaced the battery recently, (about 3 days ago) and ever since then, it has felt way down on power. I thought the spark plugs might have been the problem, so I pulled them out only to find that they were actually decent. But I replaced them anyway, checked spark, all good. Took it on a test ride, same problem. Not sure where to go from here.
Dude, seriously, clean your carbs using the shotgun method. Believe it. Its It's TRUE.

Phillip, do you have a part number for this filter? Thx
Here's one of them on ebay:Emgo Fuel Filter 1/4" Aluminum Black Universal | eBay
$10.85

It's 1/4" which is what you need. And, free shipping from the hometown of a great U of Michigan football player (who also happened to become POTUS), the airport is named after him in Grand Rapids. Who is it? A hint: R. Milhous N. was grateful to him.

Here's one of them on ebay:Emgo Fuel Filter 1/4" Aluminum Black Universal | eBay
$10.85

It's 1/4" which is what you need. And, free shipping from the hometown of a great U of Michigan football player (who also happened to become POTUS), the airport is named after him in Grand Rapids. Who is it? A hint: R. Milhous N. was grateful to him.
LOL...is this that airport where he nearly tumbled down the de-plane ramp?
Thanks! This is the one I thought it probly was.

Everybody, I have some pretty funny news. The piston rings in my right two cylinders have gone bad. Smoking like a chimney out of the right pipe. Wondering what a rebuild might cost. Not sure if I should rebuild it, or just say screw it and get a whole new engine.

Latest posts

Back