• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 VMAX wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
location is Louisiana. Domestic travel or shipping only. If I'm lucky enough to find one within 1/2 day or so drive I will come get it.

For my Gen 1, I had to go out of state for it. Ended up getting a hotel for the night prior to pickup. For my Gen 2, I was insanely lucky that one popped up in my town. For vehicles, I have went all over to get what I wanted. Went to St. George Utah from New Mexico for a 1999 Buick Riviera Silver Arrow Edition. That was a 12 hour 1 way drive. I went to Dallas for a Z24 Cavalier some years back. Another 12 hour 1 way trip. If the deal is good enough....get it. Dont hesitate. Cause it will be a dogs age before another deal comes around. And with used vehicle prices going up...you clearly dont want to hesitate.

Depending on how you look at it, I guess I'm lucky. Phoenix is fertile ground for finding all manner of motorcycles. Finding a "deal" on a motorcycle is another matter entirely. You don't usually have to wait long to find what you're looking for here. Plus, it's only 5 hours or so to the entire SoCal megalopolis. Lot of options there, too.

My problem is that I'm an opportunistic, impulsive obtainer. I don't always target something in particular, but instead go after the occasional "deals' that present themselves. Used to be that "deals" were EVERYWHERE. Then the cafe/bobber/patina craze hit. Suddenly every piece of schidt over 20 years old became "rare" and "valuable".

Anyway, I have one motorcycle I had to travel to get - the CBX. Had to drive all the way to Tucson to get that one. (2 hours one way) :cool:

Bought my 1st gen VMax about a month ago. 2004, all stock with 10k miles. Drove 3 hours one way but well worth it. Borrowed a truck and rented a U-haul motorcycle trailer for $20.

What's the longest trip anyone's ever taken on a VMAX? Have to fuel up every 100 miles or so? I could drive 500 + a few miles over 2 days. Taking highways instead of interstate.

I have a local customer who passed away and his widow is selling the bike. It's got one of our 1300 builds in it and ran strong. Muscle exhaust and matching jet kit too. Plus plenty of other mods. Email me at [email protected] and I can get you in contact with them.

Attachments

• IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    IMG_20150311_143644_896.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 66
I have a local customer who passed away and his widow is selling the bike. It's got one of our 1300 builds in it and ran strong. Muscle exhaust and matching jet kit too. Plus plenty of other mods. Email me at [email protected] and I can get you in contact with them.

hey sean, thanks for the feedback i am going to pass on this one. but if you come across another one keep me in mind. [email protected] thank you

There never was a USA-market "1987" VMax. They sold leftover 1986's until the start of 1988 model year.

That looks to be in good condition, red being the next best colour after black.

Note the plastic chrome strips from the radiator cover are missing, it has aftermarket brake master cylinder cover and I not sure grips are original.

Not my bike, no one I know.

It's always good to have the info on the bike from the ad, and a pic or two, because once the ad's taken-down, "what was the bike like?" In the interests of bike info for this 1990:

Selling my V-Max 1200, awesome looking and riding bike

Has forward controls and Cobra exhaust

Bike is equipped with COPs, coil on plug conversion, for modern reliability over stock

4 piston front calipers, another improvement over stock

Comes with Yamaha accessory seat also made by Corbin

19,000 miles on it

Title in my name

Located in Mechanicsburg

$4200 or make reasonable offer

I will remove this ad when bike is sold, if you see this ad it is available

[end of CL ad]
Just think, buying this and swapping on an OEM exhaust, gives you an instant 10+ HP! Of course, confirm the jetting is OEM or change it to that, to realize this performance enhancement by getting rid of the Cobras. The throttle response with the Cobras is best-described as, 'soggy,' and VBoost is a mere shadow of itself with Cobras, compared to how it is, in OEM form. It appears to have the R6/R1 'blue-spot' twin opposed piston, brake calipers. The bike looks pretty-clean. I also like the mini-fairing.
VMax Mechanicsburg PA $4200 obo on CL.jpgVMax Mechanicsburg PA.jpg

Last edited:
1995 vmax for sale original with 10975 miles on it. Excellent shape barry@ 337 784 0016
Rayne LA.

My 2006 is for sale and almost reach all your requirements, except for the high mileage... Located in FL

I hope you find your bike soon :)

Attachments

• 35A740F1-230C-40E7-9314-01254C2D0FF7.jpeg
    35A740F1-230C-40E7-9314-01254C2D0FF7.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back