Gen 2, 1/4 times

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr-Hill87

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm new to the board, my name is Calvin..I just bought a 2010 VMax and was wondering what their suppose to run in 1/4 stock???..I've made only 6 passes in the 1/4 mile and my best time so far is 10.65 @128..I know I can do better then that with more practice

I ran mine bone stock with 1300 miles on it and ran 10.3 @130. I too think I could run better with a little practice .

I do not have a 2nd Gen bike, but I would love to see what my 03 would do in the 1/4.
Unfortunately, there is no 1/4 track here in Maine. There are two 1/8 tracks, one in Winterport, and one down in Oxford.

Maybe I could consider heading up to Limestone, and see what she'll do in the timed mile, assuming that they give other details, such as 1/4 and such, but I at a minimum would want a steering stabilizer first.

I had my suspension set on soft during those 6 passes and once I got home thinking about everything I figured if I tighten it up it would leave the line better.

Mr-Hill, welcome to the forum ! Sorry to go off topic.... Your close to where we're having the Mi-Hooligan weekend rides in July near Paw Paw. Check out the post in rides section for details. You need to be there to meet some great Vmax people and experience some great rides ! :clapping:

Mr-Hill, welcome to the forum ! Sorry to go off topic.... Your close to where we're having the Mi-Hooligan weekend rides in July near Paw Paw. Check out the post in rides section for details. You need to be there to meet some great Vmax people and experience some great rides ! :clapping:

DON"T DO IT Mr.Hill.

I went to Thunder in the Valley last year and tried to keep up with some of those hooligans and take a look at what my 09 looks like now:
motor cycle trike ugly.jpg
Them guys are maniacs on two wheels. Needless to say, I'll never do that again.

Hello everyone I'm new to the board, my name is Calvin..I just bought a 2010 VMax and was wondering what their suppose to run in 1/4 stock???..I've made only 6 passes in the 1/4 mile and my best time so far is 10.65 @128..I know I can do better then that with more practice

A good run or bad run is all decided in the first 60'. That is the most important number on your time slip. If you can get your 60' time under 1.7 seconds you will be in the low tens. It will be much easier to do if you reflash your ECU. The throttle is restricted from the factory.

Ricks 10.3 is very good for a stock bike. I do have a friend who ran 9.97 on a stock bike but he is an experienced racer and had ideal conditions though.

Several of us raced at Lebanon last week, I ran in the high 9's 3 times in a row but was not allowed to race anymore because I don't have an NHRA license which is required when running under 10 seconds.

I have a reflash and exhaust.

A reflash and exhaust 's a good way to feed the monkey ! Mines being re reflash right now . Tim Nash( gurued gear) or just leave it stock .. watch out for those hooligans they make video's of doing traffic crimes lol ..

I agree that the first 60' is important but more important is seat time at the track. Not all in one day but you do need to find a track that will allow you to get like 20 passes in one day. after you go around 20 times in a row you can get a great feel for what the bike wants and what it will do when you give it what it wants. Also here and there when you are out riding look for a good safe place to pull some small wheelie's this will help your launch again you will know what the bike is going to do and what you should give it. After that you will be ready to find that faster number. What i like to do is dyno my hp and add my weight in gear to the weight of the bike and use a et-mph-hp calculator and find out what the magic number is and try and get as close to that number as i can http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

I agree that the first 60' is important but more important is seat time at the track. Not all in one day but you do need to find a track that will allow you to get like 20 passes in one day. after you go around 20 times in a row you can get a great feel for what the bike wants and what it will do when you give it what it wants. Also here and there when you are out riding look for a good safe place to pull some small wheelie's this will help your launch again you will know what the bike is going to do and what you should give it. After that you will be ready to find that faster number. What i like to do is dyno my hp and add my weight in gear to the weight of the bike and use a et-mph-hp calculator and find out what the magic number is and try and get as close to that number as i can http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

Yes definitely. We are really talking about the same thing, the launch. You need a good 60 footer to run a fast time and the only way to accomplish that is with a lot of practice. It's not as easy as people think or as easy as it looks.

One tip I can give you is that the Gen 2 is kind of unique in that it launches better at 2500 rpm than it does at 5000 rpm. So don't think you have to rev the hell out of the bike for a good launch. Hold 2500 rpm steady.....get the clutch out fairly quickly and get to WOT as fast as possible. That will get you 1.7x 60's and is a less stressful way to start off. After you get the hang of it you can try launching at higher rpm.

Back