Gen 2 - 41mm hex key for removing wheel bearing on rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Canadiense

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there know where to find a 41mm hex/allen key to remove the bearing retainer on the rear wheel of the Gen 2 VMAX? I built something out of a piece of flat bar and ground it down until it fit into the corners and it works good enough but I am a tool addict and want one. p/n 90890-01525 or YM-01525 I looked online and all I could find was ridiculous prices. If anyone has a cheaper/better alternative, that would be great too. Thanks.

It does not look like much force is needed to remove that. A DIY tool looks to be cheapest option.

For example grinding down the flats on a large bolt head or the sides of a socket (walls may end up too thin) or finding a box spanner that fits inside.

Basically the tool you made worked without damaging the retainer so unless you are removing this part on a regular basis, just use that.

I only needed it once for a 1959 Ferrari GT250...but I built my own knock off socket for the wheels. I was not about to spend $400. About an hour fabricating and refining....it looks almost as good as the socket that should take it off. Sometimes, the homemade tools will be a much better option as they will fit the application to the T rather than something that could have a tolerance issue.

Same as the boys above. I simply welded a "T" handle on the one side of a 41mm Hex Nut. Works a treat, and has good solid contact with the nut. That's a $65. nut, so you don't want to stuff it up LOL

Back