Gen 2 Aftermarket Mirrors?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nite_train

Reaction score
Any recommendations on some aftermarket mirrors. Bike currently has the stock mirrors and they urk the shit out of me! Way too tall for my preference. They look like damn CB antennas attached to the handle bars 😂😂. I'm looking for something sleek and with a short stem. And I'm really trying to avoid bar end mirrors.

Arlen Ness has some of the sleekest looking mirrors. This is a Rad II model:

a75mHcr.jpg

I felt the same way. I think the bar ends look kind of dumb on a Gen2. BUT ..I love'em !! Buy a cheap set on eBay and give them a try. I doubt you'll go back to stalk mirrors.

Rizoma mirrors are what you’re looking for. Everything else feels and looks like a knockoff next to them. Not cheap, but the best never is. Been using them for over 20 years, bar ends and traditional on all my bikes. They’re so good that I’ve bought the last couple of sets for my current Gen 2 and my previous bike on the used market. If you find a set you like in good condition don’t hesitate since they hold up forever.

Rizoma mirrors are what you’re looking for. Everything else feels and looks like a knockoff next to them. Not cheap, but the best never is. Been using them for over 20 years, bar ends and traditional on all my bikes. They’re so good that I’ve bought the last couple of sets for my current Gen 2 and my previous bike on the used market. If you find a set you like in good condition don’t hesitate since they hold up forever.
Agreed...ebay cheap knock-offs are, well, cheap knock-offs. I've got Rizoma, CRG and Oberon bar end mirrors on various bikes and they're all very high quality.

I went with the Oberon round mirrors on the VMAX as they matched the round 'holes' in the side scoops.

I bought the cheap eBay ones. Not knowing if I was going to like bar ends. They are still on.. 🙂 been more then a few years.

I've got Rizoma, CRG and Oberon bar end mirrors on various bikes and they're all very high quality.

Funny, the only other mirrors besides Rizoma that I’ve found the quality to be excellent were Oberon and CRG also.
I’ve always preferred the low mount inverted look of smallish bar ends for a sleek profile. Looks were killer, but for me in traffic, I needed a quicker visual reference when using them.

I would like to find something with a much lower stem height. The only problem I have is when transporting my bike in the trailer. I prefer to use candy dancer handlebar straps. Also I need all the side to side room I can get. I squeeze 3 bikes into a 14x8

Got these on order from Sean Morley. Use your stock mirrors and part of the stem with his bracket. Love this look, the way the mirrors are laid down. Cannot wait Seans New Classic scoops.jpgto get the brackets.

That's what I'm talking about! I ended up picking up a pair of cheap knock of bar ends with the swing clamp. Give me more options to fab up something to get them sitting the way I want them. I do like Sean's mirror mod. I like them low! Its gonna be great going under an overhead and not having to worry about it anymore. I didn't trust that 13'-7" clearance sign 🤣😂

The mirrors I installed very compact and works very well was $36 and comparable quality with high price mirrors might be better then them thou.

Attachments

• 9CC3914F-B02C-4195-8EF6-DADA6982EA85.jpeg
    9CC3914F-B02C-4195-8EF6-DADA6982EA85.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 44
The mirrors I installed very compact and works very well was $36 and comparable quality with high price mirrors might be better then them thou.
That is the same mirror I tired years ago and they are still on. I have them flipped over so the narrow end flipped out. Easier to see..

Back