Gen 2 Aftermarket Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Garmin Drivesmart 71 as GPS. Does not rain very often here in Phoenix, so rain shouldn't be an issue.
Mount is a RAM Grip with modified 'Rubbers'.
I've also created a mount for the RAM Mounts which I put onto the Handlebar Holder (can post pictures).

3D printed, but even it would fall off / break, no impact to the handlebar etc.

Have also my phone mounted via Rokmount and added two power sockets (one with USB-C and USB, the other one for plugs with cigarette lighter plug (reason is the garmin, couldn't find any cable which does not make the garmin going into USB Connection Mode, but had to do something 3D printed as well)).

Amplink: I have the previous one, the PDM60 ... was a good choice. Would also go for the AMPlink now, but I don't see much advantage in upgrading, besides the waaaaaaant :D
Where did you mount the PDM? There is not a lot of choices.

I am thinking about making a bracket so I can get in the space between the mud guard and rear fender.

I squezzed it under the seat, under the bar which is between both sides of the frame, above the tank.

It is close to the battery and routing wires to front and rear is easy.

I think I found them, maybe? License plate was a great hint to where to look for -> TANAX : Shark Mirror 1B [AOS-104-10BR]
Thanks for the link buddy, it looks like they really the same mirrors. The page also has reviews from Japanese buyers (Vmax in the picture of my post has a Japanese license plate license) I will order anyway, and when I receive it, I can give my opinion ... Cheers

"Z,

My fault for moving too fast. I had not thought about the speedo issue. It will be interesting to see the difference between the two. "

Generally, up to around 70 MPH, my speedometer will read 5 MPH higher than GPS. Above 70, the speedometer reads 6 MPH higher than GPS.

Back