Gen 2 Akrapovic silencers on Gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmac

Reaction score
I've currently got a Dragstar megaphone 4 into 2 full system and I'm more than keen to get rid of the silencers...noisy and raspy horrible things they are. Wondering if anyone has grafted a set of Gen 2 Akra's onto a Gen 1? I've searched and couldn't find anything and my photoshop skills are limited unfortunately.

Those mufflers are $1200, I think there are probably a lot of better less expensive options out there.

You can buy brand new Kerker Supertrapp mufflers for under $200 each.

Hindle used to have a clearance section on their website I don't know if it still exists. I purchased a few things from them in the past.

Those mufflers are $1200, I think there are probably a lot of better less expensive options out there.

You can buy brand new Kerker Supertrapp mufflers for under $200 each.

Hindle used to have a clearance section on their website I don't know if it still exists. I purchased a few things from them in the past.
With all due respect those Supertrapp's look like $200 mufflers and whilst I agree the Akra's are expensive they are much better looking and lighter.

I just put them on to my Gen 2, and while I was shopping I ran across this pic:
https://www.pinterest.ie/pin/543809723750578985/visual-search/?cropSource=6&h=308&w=544&x=10&y=10
I think somebody has done it, and it looks sweet! Probably sounds too :) As said, ultra expensive and most likely needs modification, cutting and welding.
Yeah I'm super curious to how it would sound with a set of the Akra's....it would be an expensive mistake if it sounded bad! (Although given what is on there now I think most would be better).

With all due respect those Supertrapp's look like $200 mufflers and whilst I agree the Akra's are expensive they are much better looking and lighter.

Are these going on a stock header?

I never though of Kerker Supertrapps as looking cheap, but that's just my opinion.

The Akra's are probably not lighter.....although they are made of titanium they are larger than the Kerker's and alluminum is lighter than titanium.

The Akra's do look really good though. 👍

Hey guys, nice but did you have to re jet with these pipes
To be honest I can't remember lol

I built this bike 5 years ago and the carbs were sent to Dannymax to rebuild to whatever it needed to run best with this set up and when it was rebuilt it ran perfectly. I'm sure Sean or Danny could answer the question straight up if any jetting changes were necessary, I haven't stripped the carbs to see what's inside as yet.

Back