Gen 2 at the track

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I'm not calling the bike out I'm calling the man out I think he's in there And Rick talks like he's in there But I didn't see him on that mountain I thought for sure He would get out in front of us So we could find out How much better a Gentoo is

I have a 2010, am 190 before gear and run consistant low 9.80's
I have a good buddy who has an 09. He weighs 215 before gear and runs consistant mid to high 9.40's, he has run 9.40 flat twice or three times..

Must be that BigAir Kit I've heard so much about. And those big Brocks 4 into 1 exhausts. You got any video of those most awesome time runs?:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I wish I had the willpower to get back down into the 190lb range....

Yeah I'm not calling the bike out I'm calling the man out I think he's in there And Rick talks like he's in there But I didn't see him on that mountain I thought for sure He would get out in front of us So we could find out How much better a Gentoo is

Maybe Rick is like me. I'm more of a follower than a leader when it comes to hitting twisties hard. I figure, if you can do it, I can bust a move to try keeping up. Someone backs out of a driveway as you crest that hill or complete that tight turn, I'll be right there to assist in picking up what's left of you. :biglaugh:

Must be that BigAir Kit I've heard so much about. And those big Brocks 4 into 1 exhausts. You got any video of those most awesome time runs?:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I wish I had the willpower to get back down into the 190lb range....
My bike is MAB / K&N and Akros (9.80's)
Jody's bike is MAB and Brocks (9.40's). He actually put big air on it and could not get it to run as good. He has since removed it and gone back to MAB with K&N
The biggest difference is the rider obviously... This bike due to its torque is not an easy bike to get off the line. I am pretty consistant at 1.55's now Jody is consistant at low 1.50's But even after the 60' he runs away from me up until about 330'
He has mad skills when it comes to street bikes at the drag strip...
Below is a clip of me running "only" a 9.90 flat, jody is in the other lane, he ran a 9.50 something that pass. But you can see he pulls hard away from me up until about mid 1/8 th mile, then not nearly as much...

http://contour.com/videos/watch/brett-and-jody-at-bradenton-fl-vmax

1st off I was riding in a group and respecting that fact.

2nd, those Gen I's must handle worse then I remember because the guy in front of me was using BOTH LANES and for safety sake I figured I just stay in line

3rd if the video makes the thread WITHOUT EDITTING you may be reminded of the one time I couldn't take it any longer and DID BREAK OUT in front of you ALL, of course you didn't see me for long so I wouldn't expect you to remember so I'll jog your memories. There was an instance shortly after I "broke out " that you may recall seeing a red bike from behind, as you got closer you may recall seeing a cloud of smoke(which may or may not have been from my tire) , a bike disappear and then a long black burn out where that red bike was, that was me !

So guys listen VERY CLOSE if that video ever make the Thunder thread .

Or maybe it was just because I don't have any Balls:confused2:

Or maybe it was just because I don't have any Balls:confused2:

Rick, perhaps you've a small leak in your ball sack? The harder acceleration of the Gen II can, and often does, lead to one's ball's getting out of their sacks. And with that speed, you'd prolly not hear them hit the hwy behind you. Just sayin....check your sack.

Durn - video won't load for me.

What kind of fuel are you two burning down there at sea level? I'm guessing both of you are Nash'afied and perhaps a custom PCV tune on top of that?

I know, also, the 4 into 1 pipes can't be beat for overall HP, but I simply don't like the looks of them compared to duals, so I'd prolly never invest in one even if I could magically lose weight and decide to take up drag racing. I'll have to be content with seeing all the fantastic results you guys are turning in.

Again, :worthy::worthy::worthy:

120mph (roughly 10's) is one of the big cut off points for NHRA rated (mostly insured) tracks. They require full leathers at that point. Prior to that they require Jacket, Helmet (Snell 2005), Gloves, and Boots/Shoes that cover the ankle. The full leathers at the 120mph break off point need to either be a one piece or 2 piece that zip together.

Our track doesn't really ask if the rider has a NHRA issued license. That will mostly depend on if it's an NHRA event.

Sean

Sean you right about this I had to used another guy's leather out fit and shoes to run my vmax at the track a few weeks ago. The leather out fit I had - could not race in. I had to remove my mirrors and back rest change my front foot rest, to the rear foot rest smaller 1's. - open headers to man the vmax sound almost like V8 running down the track.

Attachments

• IMG_20130702_154749.jpg
    IMG_20130702_154749.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20130702_154928.jpg
    IMG_20130702_154928.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20130702_154935.jpg
    IMG_20130702_154935.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 6
Rick, perhaps you've a small leak in your ball sack? The harder acceleration of the Gen II can, and often does, lead to one's ball's getting out of their sacks. And with that speed, you'd prolly not hear them hit the hwy behind you. Just sayin....check your sack.

Is It possible that one of those Michigan Boys is choking on it as we speak,............................Nope , I've got it.................oh shit there is one missing:bang head:

Durn - video won't load for me.

What kind of fuel are you two burning down there at sea level? I'm guessing both of you are Nash'afied and perhaps a custom PCV tune on top of that?

I know, also, the 4 into 1 pipes can't be beat for overall HP, but I simply don't like the looks of them compared to duals, so I'd prolly never invest in one even if I could magically lose weight and decide to take up drag racing. I'll have to be content with seeing all the fantastic results you guys are turning in.

Again, :worthy::worthy::worthy:

89 octane pump gas on both
Nash Flash, no PCV tune (zeroed out) Both using quickshifter though
And I agree, I also like the duals, I will give up a little bit of HP for looks... There is another couple of tenths in my bike with me on it... I would be happy with 9.60's... Hell I'm happy with 9.81... :)

My bike is MAB / K&N and Akros (9.80's)
Jody's bike is MAB and Brocks (9.40's). He actually put big air on it and could not get it to run as good. He has since removed it and gone back to MAB with K&N
The biggest difference is the rider obviously... This bike due to its torque is not an easy bike to get off the line. I am pretty consistant at 1.55's now Jody is consistant at low 1.50's But even after the 60' he runs away from me up until about 330'
He has mad skills when it comes to street bikes at the drag strip...
Below is a clip of me running "only" a 9.90 flat, jody is in the other lane, he ran a 9.50 something that pass. But you can see he pulls hard away from me up until about mid 1/8 th mile, then not nearly as much...

http://contour.com/videos/watch/brett-and-jody-at-bradenton-fl-vmax
Brett, this is Dannie from the rally at Myrtle Beach, how are you. I finally got the lowering link on as it kicked my a$$ all over the garage. LOL. Anyway I have the same setup as above and will find out if I can get into the 9's as well.

89 octane pump gas on both
Nash Flash, no PCV tune (zeroed out) Both using quickshifter though
And I agree, I also like the duals, I will give up a little bit of HP for looks... There is another couple of tenths in my bike with me on it... I would be happy with 9.60's... Hell I'm happy with 9.81... :)

I'm running 87 low-grade w/10% ethanol here.

Is there a way to make that quickshifter go fully auto, in that it would automatically shift when you get to a certain pre-programmed shift point? Or do you simply hit a button when you wanna shift? I've never (yet) studied up on them.

I finally got the lowering link on as it kicked my a$$ all over the garage. LOL.

I think I still have marks on my hands from when I took the lowering link OFF my bike. Major PITA for a first timer at it. I'm 6' - didn't need it.

I'm running 87 low-grade w/10% ethanol here.

Is there a way to make that quickshifter go fully auto, in that it would automatically shift when you get to a certain pre-programmed shift point? Or do you simply hit a button when you wanna shift? I've never (yet) studied up on them.

Neither...
The quickshifter is in line with your shift mechinism... It is just a soleniod that triggers the PCV to cut fuel for a set amount (typically 65 to 70 ms) You still use your foot to shift, just do not let off the throttle nor use the clutch at all. You are thinking about a full on airshifter setup, which is typically button push to operate or through an rmp pell setup for auto shift.

Hahaha After reading your reply I would have to So you don't have any balls actually the only thing I remember is me on a gen 1 passing your Gen 2 on the rear wheel

I know I know Rick You don't do wheelies You told me that there Wheelie dangerous.

I'm not a dangerous rider And I didn't expect you To pass me in that sharp turns But you could have took the front In a straight Maybe next time I only use 3rd and 4th gear And 3rd year was so I could slow down Without burning up my brakes

Ballbusting aside Rick I think you're great guy And I wouldn't do it if I didn't think you could take it. where the hell are those videos

Brett, this is Dannie from the rally at Myrtle Beach, how are you. I finally got the lowering link on as it kicked my a$$ all over the garage. LOL. Anyway I have the same setup as above and will find out if I can get into the 9's as well.

Hey Dannie,
Don't get discouraged if your don't right away...
I remember the best I could do was a 10.34 at 132mph.. I thought that was all the bike had... Boy was I wrong!
With the weight and torque these bikes have, it is not easy to get it going.. So keep at it!

Latest posts

Back