Gen 2 at the track

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
1044699_598041646896645_1127433452_n.jpg

FIgures when I am not there a Gen 2 shows up....

I've decided to buy a gen2 this winter early spring if I find one with mods I like and price is right. I just can't take seeing them anymore and not being on one ! My 85 's fun for around town but not for long trips anymore .

No I haven't seen anything faster than 9.0x. I am not sure if I hit a 8.99 if they will stop me and to be honest, I am not sure at this track if I want to run that fast because the shut down sucks.

No I haven't seen anything faster than 9.0x. I am not sure if I hit a 8.99 if they will stop me and to be honest, I am not sure at this track if I want to run that fast because the shut down sucks.

Most of the tracks around here will give you a warning to slow down the first time you run in the 9's......which is kinda funny being asked to slow down at a facility to test of how fast you can go.

The second time they ask you to leave.

You must have an NHRA license to run faster than a 10.0....and also a list of proper equipment like: 1 piece full leathers, Snell rated helmet, Kevlar gloves, metal valve stems......etc.

One track where I've run in the 9's several times has a bike only night where they stretch the rules a bit.....so to speak. They still want the equipment but don't ask to see the license if you break into the 9's. The problem for me is they are over 1 1/2 hours from my house and the racing is on a weekday.

There are several bikes that run 9's at the track and they do it with minimal equipment. Full leather, leather gloves and boots along with approved helmet are required. We'll see what happens when I get in the 8's or close to it, if they say anything. But my bike has all the requirements like teethers etc. So I am sure I am good to go at most tracks minus a NHRA license.

Todd

At non sanctioned events, Houston Raceway Park enforces all the rules except licensing, some more rigidly than others. Roll bars required at certain ET's, proper PPE, ignition tethers at certain ET's, the biggies.
On bikes full gear is most definitely required.

If its not an official NHRA sanctioned event, but just normal test and tune nights, or Friday night "street" drags, then no license rules are enforced that I've ever heard of.

But I've seen lots of cars asked to not run anymore until they come back with a roll bar after breaking into the 9's...

The serious 7 second and under kind of cars, I don't know classes, that show up on test and tune nights I bet they're supposed to have a license...don't really know, they're regulars and the track guys know em anyway tho. They wouldn't be able to use the car in competition w/o a license so I'm sure they probably are licensed.

attachment.php

18 lbs here and he looks a little softer !

Attachments

• Twisted_Lebanon_Valley.jpg
    Twisted_Lebanon_Valley.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 80
120mph (roughly 10's) is one of the big cut off points for NHRA rated (mostly insured) tracks. They require full leathers at that point. Prior to that they require Jacket, Helmet (Snell 2005), Gloves, and Boots/Shoes that cover the ankle. The full leathers at the 120mph break off point need to either be a one piece or 2 piece that zip together.

Our track doesn't really ask if the rider has a NHRA issued license. That will mostly depend on if it's an NHRA event.

Sean

Did I read correctly that you are about to get into the 8's with a Gen 2. May I ask are you using Nos or what to get you into the 8's.

That guy off the line sure is runnin' low rear tire pressure!

I thought the same thing.

At non sanctioned events, Houston Raceway Park enforces all the rules except licensing, some more rigidly than others. Roll bars required at certain ET's, proper PPE, ignition tethers at certain ET's, the biggies.
On bikes full gear is most definitely required.

If its not an official NHRA sanctioned event, but just normal test and tune nights, or Friday night "street" drags, then no license rules are enforced that I've ever heard of.

But I've seen lots of cars asked to not run anymore until they come back with a roll bar after breaking into the 9's...

The serious 7 second and under kind of cars, I don't know classes, that show up on test and tune nights I bet they're supposed to have a license...don't really know, they're regulars and the track guys know em anyway tho. They wouldn't be able to use the car in competition w/o a license so I'm sure they probably are licensed.

That seemed to be the way it was at our local track too. They didn't call me out on my modular helmet like I expected. But it was only a Fri evening test & tune night.

Did I read correctly that you are about to get into the 8's with a Gen 2. May I ask are you using Nos or what to get you into the 8's.

I think someone misunderstood the question being asked. I believe most Gen II riders have a desire to get down into the upper 9.90's. I've seen a few faster times posted, but those guys must be a whole lot smaller than I. I couldn't even break 10.50 the night I ran.

I have a 2010, am 190 before gear and run consistant low 9.80's
I have a good buddy who has an 09. He weighs 215 before gear and runs consistant mid to high 9.40's, he has run 9.40 flat twice or three times..

Todd just think if Rick had forward controls He might be able to down shift and get pass a gen 1 in the twisty's.:rofl_200:

I think he she has a hard time keeping its skirt down when shifting in the turns and is afraid we will here its vagina whistling in the wind. :rofl_200:

Like Todd said we dident see a gen 2 tail light unless we let it go around the gen 1. Just busting your Thats right you dont have any balls Rick. :biglaugh:

We know the gen 2 has balls and got what it takes but you never showed us how well you could do on a gen 2 rick. Or maybe you did.

Latest posts

Back