Gen 2 Engine Development begins

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

mngforce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to Lunatic Jeff, I received engine parts and the development has begun. Watch this thread for updates as I go.

Mike Norman
G-Force Engineering Development
Www.mngforce.com

Attachments

veebooster

Reaction score
I don't have a gen 2 but this is a very cool thread! Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like he's doing a finite element analysis. I am not an engineer, a machinist, or anyone proficient in the use of design software.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I suspect very few of us are thus the suggestion.
When I need electrical advice, I ask my spouse, 41+ years an E.E. though the type of components she was involved with were not transportation-related.

Tesla lightning - Copy.jpg

1633619939174.png

mngforce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So far, what you see is me gathering data. I modeled the rod, and ran a generic FEA analysis to see how the rod handles the basic loads. Next, I laser scanned the piston, and am starting to build a CAD model of the piston. This CAD model will allow me to design the new pistons much easier. That's it so far.

Attachments

one2dmax

Reaction score
What scan unit are you using? We have a number of different types at the day job (which doesn't let me do personal projects dang it). ATOS, Surphaser, Romer and Faro's with ruby tip single point data and a Faro with blue light scanner for multi point data gathering. Then Enovia and V5 modeling.

mngforce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What scan unit are you using? We have a number of different types at the day job (which doesn't let me do personal projects dang it). ATOS, Surphaser, Romer and Faro's with ruby tip single point data and a Faro with blue light scanner for multi point data gathering. Then Enovia and V5 modeling.
It’s aNikon MCA-II (which is a Romer 7-axis arm) with Nikon ModelMaker laser head. It also has ruby tips.

I use 3D Systems Geomagic DesignX for scan conversion to Solidworks for final CAD.

It’s a lot of work. But worth it in the end.

Attachments

mngforce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Piston Dome is complete. This is a stock dome. This model will allow me to now try different modified domes to bump the compression a bit.

Attachments

ZX1441r

Reaction score
Received the engine, just need to schedule some time to deliver !!

mngforce

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Port and combustion chamber modeling. The port molds will also get laser scanned to get the ports where I can build a CAD model of them.

Attachments