Gen 2 Engine Development begins

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

mngforce

Reaction score
Thank you for your quick reply.
I suppose, that the modifications of the A.A.C and the cylinder heads are done on our own parts
. I understand that you are considering a slight increase in displacement: 1800cc.
From 1679cc you need 3mm more bore for 1790cc. I have even opened this engine several times over the past twelve years, and I don't think there is enough material for rigidity.
Increasing the stroke may be good for the couple. I think that for the Vmax, favoring a large torque at a rotation speed that is not too fast will be a good option.
You are the expert (I am only an amateur) when do you think?
Yes, the Cams are to be welded-up and retain the AAC. We are going from 1678.6cc to 1846.7cc with a combo of both bore & stroke. The compression ratio goes up as well. While all this goes up, we will do everything to lighten the crank, rods, pistons and valves. Everything I do has reliability and broad powerband in the goals. For racing down the strip, this should be a beast. For riding to work and back, I am hoping this will be quite manageable day-to-day. Those are the goals anyway.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Who do you have do the crank work? I used to use Falicon until they closed up some years ago.

Bertrand

Reaction score
Is there any progress on this project? I am always interested!

mngforce

Reaction score
Is there any progress on this project? I am always interested!
So far we have a donated engine bottom end, a donated set of heads snd cams but no funding for parts or outside services. I just need that and I can continue.

Mike

Bertrand

Reaction score
I think it must be quite easy to find around ten contributors within the 1700 community.
The 1700s are not cheap motorcycles. Most owners can afford to invest several thousand dollars, to have a Vmax that is really out of the ordinary. And not in ridiculous carbon fiber parts that are as expensive as they are useless!
Just motivate them.