Gen 2 Engine turned off on its own - just once

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riderboy1961

Reaction score
2017 Vmax 1700 - After I changed the engine oil on my Gen 2 for its 600 mile break in engine oil change, started the bike up, the engine was idling for close to a minute, I lifted it up of its side stand while it was still running, started to roll it backwards and the engine turned off.
I am not concerned but thought I would mention it on here in case there is something I need to start watching for?

Humm.. didnt hit the kill switch i assume.. only thing i can think of is maybe the lean sensor maybe went funky.

yeah and theres that...lol maybe he put it in gear with kickstand dn will kill the motor

I may have left the kick stand down when I pushed it backwards while the engine was running.
Would That have killed the engine?

No... I didn't hit the kill switch by.

I thought it was when we put it in gear that it would die if the kickstand was down. No?

It will shut it off if it's put in gear with the side stand down. I wouldn't fret over it doing it once. When it starts doing it at traffic lights, and stop signs then check your throttle body sync. My brand new 18 was doing it with only 5 miles on the odo. Sync. The TBs it didn't stall anymore. It's easier than first gens. And often overlooked. If your idle surges at all, check the TB sync.

It will turn itself off after a period of time if left idling.....I forget how long that is exactly but it's way longer than 1 minute that's for sure.

My question to you is. Have you been able to duplicate the same scenario again? If not then possibly you did put it in gear with pant leg moving it backwards while the kickstand was down or the kill switch like has already been mentioned it. But if you haven't been able to duplicate it again and again and again. I don't think you have a problem.

Cool. No common problem on these 2nd gens regarding shutting off on there own.
Thank You Gentleman!!

It will shut it off if it's put in gear with the side stand down. I wouldn't fret over it doing it once. When it starts doing it at traffic lights, and stop signs then check your throttle body sync. My brand new 18 was doing it with only 5 miles on the odo. Sync. The TBs it didn't stall anymore. It's easier than first gens. And often overlooked. If your idle surges at all, check the TB sync.

I thought I detected a very slight idle change at a stop once but, I wear ear plugs so I wasn't quite sure. I will Note This Info.
Thank You Sir.

Back