Gen 2 Exhaust removal/de-cat tutorial?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oediehl

Reaction score
Has anyone done such a tutorial? I started pulling the exhaust on my '09 to install a Delkevic de-cat system, but I'm not sure what to do with the decat adjustment cables/motor and O2 sensor?

You can work off of these instructions they are pretty comprehensive.
The EXUP cables get disconnected the O2 sensor needs to be reinstalled in the new pipe.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OER4AXGE7jtmh2lIIKGU6QwlrgEmoIxA

To allow the cat to drop without a struggle make sure to loosen the front head bolts until they are only held by a few threads.

Also a set of these are highly recommended to help get to the clamps.
https://www.harborfreight.com/7-pc-38-in-drive-metric-long-reach-ball-head-hex-socket-set-67888.html

Last edited:
Thanks much. Those hex keys look good. I have a set of ball-end metric hex keys, but not any that you can put a ratchet on.

Yes Mark has been a big help. Hang in there oediehl It will come togather. You can pm me for my phone number and i can walk you through it. I know the system all to well.

Thanks much for the help! I got it sorted out, and now my 17" tri-oval Delkevic system is installed. That Cat weighs a lot---glad to be rid of it. The beast seems to run well, possibly a little better than stock; hard to say from seat of the pants. The only real complaint I have now is that "launch lag", which I understand requires ECU reflashing to cure. I was going to do that right away, but since I realized it's going to cost on the order of $600, I'm going to hold off and see if I get used to the throttle response as is.

Well, after reading all the great reviews about Gurued Gear, I went ahead and placed the order for a reflash!

Well, after reading all the great reviews about Gurued Gear, I went ahead and placed the order for a reflash!

That's a very good move, it's one of the best mods you can do to a Gen 2 VMax.

Back