Gen 2 fuel pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bowaleed

Reaction score
What is the pressure and flow for the oem fuel pump, and do any one knows fuel pump upgrade for gen 2, I tried to search but I didn’t find.

Fuel pump
Pump type Electrical
Maximum consumption amperage 6.5 A
Output pressure 324.0 kPa (3.24 kgf/cm², 47.0 psi)

Fuel pump
Pump type Electrical
Maximum consumption amperage 6.5 A
Output pressure 324.0 kPa (3.24 kgf/cm², 47.0 psi)

That's what my notes say as well.

I bought a bigger pump for my supercharged VMax from Summit Racing, it's a Walbro GSS342BX.

I never installed it though because the stock pump had enough oomph for the job. I only installed bigger injectors.

It's not a direct "drop in" but it fits.

fuelpump.png

The OEM pump quotes between 300 and 400. I am learning that buying parts for this is not like buying parts for my Gen 1. It's more of a religious experience. You have to believe that spending that much money is the right thing to do..... man. I see a lot of after market parts but it makes me nervous. These things are engineered to an intense level.

I'm having a problem where the bike will not accelerate hard past 5k revs, on a gentle throttle it will rev past 8k. I'm trying to find the flow rate of the pump, ie litres per minute etc, anyone know?

a rough guestimate:
at 100 mph fuel consumption is 20 mpg so that is 5 gallons per hour (note I am using British gallons that a bigger than US).

Disconnect the hose from the low pressure pump into a bucket and run it for 1 minute. Measure the volume and compare to the above.

I expect you should exceed those figures, for example Facet aftermarket fuel pumps start at 25 US gallons per hour (20.8 UK gallons)

Also check the fuel filter is clear or replace it.

I would say that its a pressure problem. There was a post on the old starVmax forum, where a stock pump had to be replaced, because it wasnt putting out the required pressure anymore, and HP was suffering because of it.

Latest posts

Back