Gen 2 handlebar adjustment or risers?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marauder03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I pretty much ride my Vmax everyday weather permitting and with the highway pegs it’s now very comfortable except my right hand is going numb after about 15 minutes of normal riding. I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done as far as risers to the Gen 2 without changing everything, all I’m looking for is about a half inch up and back. Is this doable? Or does everything need to be lengthened? I’m sure this has been an issue for others as well either that or I just have bad circulation which I hope is not the real issue, lol. Thanks

Hello, I pretty much ride my Vmax everyday weather permitting and with the highway pegs it’s now very comfortable except my right hand is going numb after about 15 minutes of normal riding. I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done as far as risers to the Gen 2 without changing everything, all I’m looking for is about a half inch up and back hey the same exact thing happens to me. My right hand gets numb. Like when your foot falls asleep. . Is this doable? Or does everything need to be lengthened? I’m sure this has been an issue for others as well either that or I just have bad circulation which I hope is not the real issue, lol. Thanks

I picked up something like this from local parts shop, very inexpensive and it allows to loose up grip on time to time as you can keep throttle with your palm.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/crampbuster-cruise-controlTry it maybe? Before more expensive mods.
I think you can put on risers without problems, cables has that much extra. I have more straight and wider bars with all original cables etc.

Hi, I’ve got the throttle lock but I guess the roads I ride really don’t allow me to use it very often, I thought about the hand heel lever as well but I think my bikes throttle is so touchy that I can make myself look like a fool real quick, not trying to get on YouTube that way. I think I’m still going to try the hand heel item though, I’m good for about 45 minutes on my bike and I’m shaking my right hand to wake up. It’s like all I need is a half inch up and half inch back, just wish this was something we could do without changing everything. Although I have this issue the stupid smile I have on my face while riding this thing kinda makes up for the numb hand;)

I had the same problem with hands going numb. There are two products called Grip Puppies & Grab On Grips. Basically the same product by different companies. I installed the Grab On Grips. It's just a black foam tube that slides over your existing grips. Makes the grips a little larger but gives you a soft comfortable grip that isolates the vibration. Had mine on for years & love them. Greatly helps for hands going numb.

Here is the link to the ones I purchased.
file:///C:/Users/alz2/Documents/MOTORCYCLE/Grip%20Puppies.html

Just cut to the length of your grips, add soapy water to the inside of the grip, & slide them on. Let the soap dry overnight & they will not slip. I have read that if they get wet they get spongy & if they get wet several times they start to fall apart. I don't know because I have been lucky enough not to get caught in the ran since I installed them. But if they do start to fall apart for 14 bucks just replace them.

I've had mine on for years & still look brand new.

Hello, I pretty much ride my Vmax everyday weather permitting and with the highway pegs it’s now very comfortable except my right hand is going numb after about 15 minutes of normal riding. I’m wondering if there is anything that can be done as far as risers to the Gen 2 without changing everything, all I’m looking for is about a half inch up and back. Is this doable? Or does everything need to be lengthened? I’m sure this has been an issue for others as well either that or I just have bad circulation which I hope is not the real issue, lol. Thanks
I have benn dealing with this problem for like 10 years now,
I have tried different bars and grips and even different bikes, the only thing that makes a difference is throttle lock...
of course I'm in Florida where most roads are flat and straight.

So today I went to the stealership where I bought my Vmax and purchased a cramp buster lever, put it on there and rode home which is about 40 minutes. I was delighted at the outcome, pretty much didn’t have to shake my hand at every stop. Im still adjusting to the extra hardware on the throttle but for under 10 bucks I had to try it. So far I’d recommend one if your cramping or going numb but I have a little concern for when I’m wearing long sleeve’s or gloves, definitely don’t want to snag that at full throttle, lol. 75E72507-F6D9-4437-8DF5-F9DF72D3D773.jpeg

Latest posts

Back