Gen 2 luggage bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max88

Reaction score
What are the best options you guys have found for saddlebags or rear rack for tail bag? I want oem saddle bags but can't find any avail... I would like a hard shell bag that clips on and off the bike easily and does not interfere with flipping the seat up to refuel.. Thanks

I think I have an OEM rear tail/seat bag on hand i'd sell. Not much storage with it though compared to saddlebags.

Sean

I think I have an OEM rear tail/seat bag on hand i'd sell. Not much storage with it though compared to saddlebags.

Sean
How would they work on a G1 Sean? I already have a almost big enough tail bag so that I can camp off it, so a just a little more space might be just right.

Something like this. I don't have pics of the expanded position and stole this pic from the internet.

Attachments

• VMAX Tail Pack.jpg
    VMAX Tail Pack.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 22
Nelson rigg has some bags that were tested with the vmax vs the diavel strada. Also theres se nice nelson rigg tailbags that work well and cAn accomodate the tourtank aluminum 1/2 gallon tanks for touring

I called honda east and was told all of the factory bags are discontinued for the gen 2 :confused2:

I called honda east and was told all of the factory bags are discontinued for the gen 2 :confused2:

Yep- discontinued for quite a while now... Makes the existing OEM bags more valuable, and creates a market for someone to fill-especially if they are larger, more functional, and still look factory? Rick? anybody? :biglaugh:

Yep- discontinued for quite a while now... Makes the existing OEM bags more valuable, and creates a market for someone to fill-especially if they are larger, more functional, and still look factory? Rick? anybody? :biglaugh:

I'm seriously thinking about it , not an easy process but it may be worth while . What would you ,any of you , think would be a fair market price for a set of high quality ( as close to factory as possible) bags , slightly larger hopefully deeper (thicker)

Keep in mind to do it right ,molds would have to be made , hardware designed and produced or keep it simple with the cover and zipper like Yamaha did.

or not quite so right, find an aesthetically pleasing , existing hard bag and fabricate mounts and sell kits .My mounting hardware and someone else's bags ?

Kits would probably be the way to go, at least initially. I for one, would love a set that would be easily removed when not needed, work with the OEM backrest, and maintain the factory look as much as possible. It's an admittedly small market, but if Mama Yamaha aint in the game anymore, you would have virtually zero competition for that market...as far as cost, if you could do it at 1/2-to even 3/4 the factory cost with a better option, I think it would sell pretty well. Just my opinion, but I'm also willing to be your Beta tester :biglaugh:

Kits would probably be the way to go, at least initially. I for one, would love a set that would be easily removed when not needed, work with the OEM backrest, and maintain the factory look as much as possible. It's an admittedly small market, but if Mama Yamaha aint in the game anymore, you would have virtually zero competition for that market...as far as cost, if you could do it at 1/2-to even 3/4 the factory cost with a better option, I think it would sell pretty well. Just my opinion, but I'm also willing to be your Beta tester :biglaugh:

Come up with some existing bikes with bags that look like they'd look good with the Vmax lines , a couple different bikes maybe . I'll see if my son can hook me up with some or find some on fleabay and go from there.

Come up with some existing bikes with bags that look like they'd look good with the Vmax lines , a couple different bikes maybe .

THAT's going to be the hard part- Finding something that looks good, and won't turn your socks and boxers into smouldering charcoal from the pipes...:bang head:

Back