Gen 2 Signal Swap Options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reckon many already know but I learned (no surprise) the Gen 2's stalk base shares the same design as certain YZFs, MTs, and FZs.
I bought a set of affordable LEDs from Amazon that left VMax off the application list. They already had the plugs on the ends so no splicing required. Although the front only serve as signals now since they're 2 wires.
Also picked up a couple 194s, an H4, and a flasher relay from Custom LED. I used one 194 as a tag light and the other as the park light. Everything works great. No hyper flash and no four-way flash.
If I have any criticism it'd be that the 194s have a bluish hue and the signal wires need to be several inches longer. I had to do some creative rerouting to make the connections reach.
I should mention that Custom LED sells a device called Blinker Genie that turns 2-wire signals into running lights/blinkers. I'm presently happy with just having blinkers on all four corners.
I'll drop a link to the signals and a pic of them installed.
https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Signal-Indicators-Yamaha-MT-125/dp/B08X9X212520220629_214900.jpg

20220704_112911.jpg

Back