Gen 2 Slip Ons

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by PresaCan, Jul 13, 2018.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Jul 13, 2018 #1

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Could someone please tell me if there is a slip on available similar to the Akra cans.
    I just want cans no cat delete system. Hindle’s system requires cat delete as well as V/H.
    Thanks

2. Jul 13, 2018 #2

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

These guys claim to, I don't know anyone who has used just the mufflers.

Someone on the other forum bought a complete system I believe and is happy with it. They've been around for a while but the Gen 2 stuff is pretty recent.....last few years.

If you don't like the look of the stock mufflers this is a good option. Keep in mind the sound will not really change at all because all of the muffling is done in the cat, the stock mufflers are pretty much straight through. I think that's why there are not a lot of mufflers only, offered by many companies.

http://www.dominator-exhausts.com/dominator-exhausts-2/dominator-exhausts-2/yamaha-exhausts.html?p=2

3. Aug 1, 2018 #3

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Thanks Itgoes.
    Id like to have a complete exhaust and nitrous system installed serious but can’t find anyone to reflash my ECU. I have sent Tim Nash two emails and it’s possible I’m not sending them to the correct email or??
    I’m aware of the cat issue with noise I wasted money on an Akra slipon for my 1290GT KTM but it’s just the look I’m trying to change since I can’t put on a full exhaust system till I can get the ECU addressed.

Love the bike second set of tires in 4000kms the handling is amazing the 235kph speed limiter is a downer though.

Thanks

4. Aug 1, 2018 #4

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Tim Nash was away from the office for a month, that may be why you haven't yet gotten a response back from him yet.

If you want to PM me your info I'll reach out to him and him contact you.

Glad you're enjoying the bike......it really is quite capable for such a big monster!

Mark

5. Aug 27, 2018 #5

N2MXM

N2MXM

N2MXM

6. Feb 28, 2019 #6

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Mark I sent a Thank you through Tim.
    Thanks.
    Did full exhaust 4 into 1 Hindle header, black tri oval can with cf tip, modified airbox and of course Tim’s ECU. Was going to go all the way (nitrous, PCV5) but had a serious work injury I won’t go into details here but hey. Thought it might be wise to hold onto some cash and see what happens. I’m so excited honestly when I saw that orange sticker on my ECU I haven’t smiled that much in a while.
    Bike looks deadly. I added some small Sato Racing anodized parts and did the DD clutch and K/N as well with the air box.
    Post some pics when to snows gone.
    Can’t wait. Thanks again

Itgoes likes this.
  7. Mar 1, 2019 #7

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

That's awesome........you're not going to believe what kind of beast you have on your hands now!

Enjoy and best of luck. I can't wait to hear you ride impressions.

Sorry to hear about your injury, I hope you have the best outcome possible.

8. Mar 2, 2019 #8

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Mark you will be the first to know then I will cc it to Tim. I have a YouTube Channel so I most likely will post a video and send you the link I will post photos on this site.
    I was actually jealous of seeing you had Kerker on your pic. The first VMax I got a ride on as kid was a Gen 1 stage 7 nitrous and Kerker (I’ll never forget that ride).
    Anyways the whole border issue was simple getting the ECU there and back.
    I am so excited I worked my butt off this Logging year parts here in Canada are double than the US. Thanks again Mark for your help without you I’d still be riding a lame 175hp to wheel VMax.