Gen 2 Slip Ons

Discussion in 'Exhaust' started by PresaCan, Jul 13, 2018.

Help Support VMAX Motorcycle Forum by donating:

Tags:
  1. Jul 13, 2018 #1

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Could someone please tell me if there is a slip on available similar to the Akra cans.
    I just want cans no cat delete system. Hindle’s system requires cat delete as well as V/H.
    Thanks

2. Jul 13, 2018 #2

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

These guys claim to, I don't know anyone who has used just the mufflers.

Someone on the other forum bought a complete system I believe and is happy with it. They've been around for a while but the Gen 2 stuff is pretty recent.....last few years.

If you don't like the look of the stock mufflers this is a good option. Keep in mind the sound will not really change at all because all of the muffling is done in the cat, the stock mufflers are pretty much straight through. I think that's why there are not a lot of mufflers only, offered by many companies.

http://www.dominator-exhausts.com/dominator-exhausts-2/dominator-exhausts-2/yamaha-exhausts.html?p=2

3. Aug 1, 2018 #3

PresaCan

PresaCan

PresaCan

Thanks Itgoes.
    Id like to have a complete exhaust and nitrous system installed serious but can’t find anyone to reflash my ECU. I have sent Tim Nash two emails and it’s possible I’m not sending them to the correct email or??
    I’m aware of the cat issue with noise I wasted money on an Akra slipon for my 1290GT KTM but it’s just the look I’m trying to change since I can’t put on a full exhaust system till I can get the ECU addressed.

Love the bike second set of tires in 4000kms the handling is amazing the 235kph speed limiter is a downer though.

Thanks

4. Aug 1, 2018 #4

Itgoes

Itgoes

Itgoes

Tim Nash was away from the office for a month, that may be why you haven't yet gotten a response back from him yet.

If you want to PM me your info I'll reach out to him and him contact you.

Glad you're enjoying the bike......it really is quite capable for such a big monster!

Mark

5. Aug 27, 2018 #5

N2MXM

N2MXM

N2MXM