Gen 2 Stiff Rear Suspension

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nacra6

Reaction score
Hi,

I own an 2009 1700 VMAX which I love and have been riding bikes for some 32 years now. Unfortunately I have a problem with the VMAX, the rear suspension is extremely stiff to the extent that the riding is very unpleasant. To give you an idea, it is stiffer than a BMW S1000RR. While this is a heavy motorcycle, other motorcycles (such as the BMW K1600GT) is much softer. The swing arm seems to move freely and there is no evidence of mechanical failure. In my despair I have replaced the rear shock to another stock but not much change.

have you heard of this before? what can I do? Are you aware of an after market replacement suspension for the VMAX? Would you recommend someone who can repair this around greater London?

Thank you

I have a 2010 and only weigh 150 lbs, Ive been playing with all the adjustments and think Ive reached a pretty good setting. I turned everything out (soft) all the way and then went in a few clicks and tried it,If I needed a little more I turned it in one more click at a time. Make small adjustments at a time, you'll get it dialed in.

Thank you, I have tried all settings to the softest setting and it is still harsh drive.

Back