Gen 2 Stock Cans & CAT – EXUP Cable disconnect

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeMax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the final consensus on disconnecting the Cables on the EXUP system wile keeping the CAT and the OEM Mufflers until CAT delete and Guru flash? Any gains or issue (while keeping the Servo connected) should I remove cables at both ends, etc?

Badmax.jpg

Once you get the Guru reflash for cat delete then you can disconnect and remove all your cables and even the servo motor save a little weight. Also have him disable your AIS system. Here is a picture of the servo motor removed. A582DDFF-6B95-44AA-BB29-DF7CEB9B40B6.jpeg5F431D78-A2C7-441B-9E23-91B91FAFF8D1.jpeg

Cool, thanks, yes I’ll get the Flash to eliminate both the AiS & Exup, hopefully 1st part of next year, in mean time I ll disconnect the cables at the CaT and keep them out of the way until I can ge the flash done.

I pretty much did the MAB, DD to clutch, delete cat with Akrapovic mid pipe to stock mufflers then Nash flash all within 2 months last year. Really a big difference and only about $1600 for everything with having the shop delete cat and install Akrapovic. Money well spent 😁

I pretty much did the MAB, DD to clutch, delete cat with Akrapovic mid pipe to stock mufflers then Nash flash all within 2 months last year. Really a big difference and only about $1600 for everything with having the shop delete cat and install Akrapovic. Money well spent 😁
Hello, I'm following your path, but I have a question: after installing Akrapovic Mid Pipe, it turned out that it is impossible to install the linings since the lower attachment point was on a OEM Cat... But that are pipe protection and without them everything looks unfinished and stupid, as they complete the look of stock mufflers... Akrapovic nothing put in a kit to solve this problem... How did you manage to put these things back in place? Thanks 🙏 Akro.jpgAkro 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'm following your path, but I have a question: after installing Akrapovic Mid Pipe, it turned out that it is impossible to install the linings since the lower attachment point was on a OEM Cat... But that are pipe protection and without them everything looks unfinished and stupid, as they complete the look of stock mufflers... Akrapovic nothing put in a kit to solve this problem... How did you manage to put these things back in place? Thanks 🙏 View attachment 84844View attachment 84845
The right heatshield, where your red box is drawn was fairly simple to reinstall. I may ground a small amount off the hook so it would fit better. The left was more of an issue and had to shave it down more.

Attachments

• 20210530_150801.jpg
    20210530_150801.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20201107_161217.jpg
    20201107_161217.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 14
The right heatshield, where your red box is drawn was fairly simple to reinstall. I may ground a small amount off the hook so it would fit better. The left was more of an issue and had to shave it down more.
Thanks for the reply, will try to install them tomorrow.

Yah … don’t have the right tools so I “forced” mine with an hammer around the edges.. the left side is more at a more acute angle so drilled a secondary hole at the bottom edge of the OEM muffler and used a stainless screw to hold it to the muffler. Not the best but it’s hardly noticed…
CDEEFC95-C2D7-436D-AE90-A29578C40D67.jpeg
8D1D0F40-377A-4993-9C35-9008FCF798BF.jpeg

Yah … don’t have the right tools so I “forced” mine with an hammer around the edges.. the left side is more at a more acute angle so drilled a secondary hole at the bottom edge of the OEM muffler and used a stainless screw to hold it to the muffler. Not the best but it’s hardly noticed…
View attachment 84850
View attachment 84851
It's bad, why Akrapovic left this unattended at this high cost of the product? If I had known about this before, I would not have bought it.

The area where there is no brushed heat shield did bother me a lot at first. I was or thought I had some pieces to fab and cover the open pipe. The worst would be to paint that portion with gray heat paint. To me this looks a lot better than some of the high dollar aftermarket pipes. About the only one I would consider would be the DAM system. Had I not liked the OEM mufflers DAM was the next option.

Attachments

• 20201128_144534.jpg
    20201128_144534.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210103_133024.jpg
    20210103_133024.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 14
The area where there is no brushed heat shield did bother me a lot at first. I was or thought I had some pieces to fab and cover the open pipe. The worst would be to paint that portion with gray heat paint. To me this looks a lot better than some of the high dollar aftermarket pipes. About the only one I would consider would be the DAM system. Had I not liked the OEM mufflers DAM was the next option.
I completely agree! This time, Yamaha has created a masterpiece, one of the parts of which is irreplaceable and these are the original mufflers.

Back