Gen 2 Tail Bag Options

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
What are you guys using for a tail bag on the Gen 2 OEM luggage rack? Looking for something that sits on top of the rack with roughly the same dimensions to fit some water bottles, wallet, phone, etc in. Pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Connor

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/saddlemen-ftb1500-sport-sissy-bar-bag

It's got 2 side pockets. I usually put my wallet and cell phone in the left 1, for quick fuel stops. And I put a drink in the other 1. It has small pockets inside where I put the garage door opener, and a set of my vehicle keys. And I stick my jacket and liner inside. Comes with a high vis. Some what water repellant cover. Comes with 4 straps with quick releases, and multiple D rings for mounting. Adjustable pocket that fits over the back rest. I used 3 zip ties (110# break strength each) to fasten it to the rack, been up to 132mph and it never budged. Had it on my gen 1 also.

Attachments

• IMG_20190410_191249530.jpg
    IMG_20190410_191249530.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
That looks great but is waaaay bigger than what I’m looking for. I’d be looking for something at most the volume of a gallon milk jug (though hopefully better streamlined lol).

I’d like it to not stick up much more than 1-2” or so above the OEM passenger backrest. Going for form over function on this one.

I have the FTB 1000 on my gen 1. Basically the same as Rebel's above but smaller. I also wanted something that wasnt too big. This was a good compromise for looks and size I think. Easy to get small stuff in and out for everday rides.

Attachments

• 20190519_152941.jpg
    20190519_152941.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 44
There are a lot of options...google small motorcycle tail bags.

Here is an example of what I think you are looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Waterproof-Saddlebag-Motorbike-Backpack/dp/B07GF7L3G3

Amazon actually has their own brand https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...T4NV8NHKJBE&psc=1&refRID=WYHC7AWV0T4NV8NHKJBE

I’ve got a couple picked out that I like but was hoping to get opinions/reviews and pictures from the forum.

The last bag I bought was a tank bag that got great reviews, yet it scratched the crap out of the fake tank (and both the bike and bag were hospital-clean).

I think this Viking roll-bag fits my bike well. It was $50 with the Labor Day 25% discount.

There are storage packets on each end and inside. It's expandable about 2" on each end (4" total). There is a rain cover that works well.

Saddleman sells an equivalent model for a little more.

Attachments

• HXJZ9446 - Small.jpg
    HXJZ9446 - Small.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2464 - Small.jpg
    IMG_2464 - Small.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 34
Not the best pic. But I move the bag to the rear rack when I have company. I have 2x 1 liter bottles for spare fuel and still fit a water bottle. Has 2 side pockets. Called Nelson rigg .
Dannymax might have more info i forget where I bought it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-063942.png
    Screenshot_20191004-063942.png
    623.1 KB · Views: 59
Not the best pic. But I move the bag to the rear rack when I have company. I have 2x 1 liter bottles for spare fuel and still fit a water bottle. Has 2 side pockets. Called Nelson rigg .
Dannymax might have more info i forget where I bought it.

Been searching for these saddlebags you have, where can I pick up a pair???

You would think they should still offer them as they are still selling vmaxs , anyone else there come across any bags that are similar??
Everyone be safe out there ,cooling down here in the desert , now it's time to start riding again

I have this tail bag, it fits perfectly on the OEM rack and has room for my gloves and a set of uniforms for work. I put my liner for my jacket in it and some tools for small jobs. It’s the perfect size to tuck behind the short backrest but it also expands up if you need it.

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessories/givi-ut813-ultima-t-waterproof-8l-tail-pack?sku_id=1810944
For just the pair of side hard bags I can do $900. I brought from Japan in 2020 when I brought a 2020 vmax for 1700 with shipping and didn't keep bike for long

Latest posts

Back