gen 2 top speed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vboost88

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm sure this topic has been up a few times! whats the max top speed u have hit on the gen 2 max? please mention mods if possible. Thanks

i have
vance and hines slip ons
ecu flash
k&n air filter
pcV

heres a screen shot of the top speed iv hit 282kph , bike had a little more left in it but i had to let off. Waiting to see what ul have got out of it.

Attachments

• vmax 282.jpg
    vmax 282.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 60
Hey guys I'm sure this topic has been up a few times! whats the max top speed u have hit on the gen 2 max? please mention mods if possible. Thanks

i have
vance and hines slip ons
ecu flash
k&n air filter
pcV

heres a screen shot of the top speed iv hit 282kph , bike had a little more left in it but i had to let off. Waiting to see what ul have got out of it.

About 168-170 MPH (270-273 KPH)....give or take

I participated in a land speed racing event and ran a documented 165.5 MPH under less than perfect conditions.

Keep in mind the speedometer is not accurate, it reads high by at least 6%.

You were very close to topped out.

Cool photo! :thumbs up:

About 168-170 MPH (270-273 KPH)....give or take

I participated in a land speed racing event and ran a documented 165.5 MPH under less than perfect conditions.

Keep in mind the speedometer is not accurate, it reads high by at least 6%.

You were very close to topped out.

Cool photo! :thumbs up:

Thanks bro! appreciate it! just wanted to know how far off i was from the rest of the vmax crew:punk:

I agree with Itgoes. I hit 167 indicated on my speedo on one occasion. Since then, I installed a speedohealer and I believe the actual top speed is closer to 155. 4-2 exhaust, h-pipe, modified air box w/ k&n filter and Nash flash.

is that 6% throughout the entire speedo range or does the error increase as speed increases? If the speedo says 100 am I really only hitting 94? does this mean that the miles on the bike are also off? do all bikes have this speedo error?

Yes they do.
All speedos on all vehicles over state your speed (says 100 @94)
This is allowed by law.
They cannot under read (ie saying 95 when your doing 100)

Yes they do.
All speedos on all vehicles over state your speed (says 100 @94)
This is allowed by law.They cannot under read (ie saying 95 when your doing 100)

:ummm:

:ummm:

That might be the case Down Under.

I have hit 167 several times on my 2010 WITH the speedo healer in place...
Maybe another couple MPH left, but not much

Latest posts

Back