Gen 2 Vmax kickstand issues??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason636

Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a new owner of a gen 2 Vmax and still getting used to the motorcycle. I noticed that the bike leans on its kickstand at a larger angle than my previous motorcycles (R1 and Warrior) and leaves a slight visible indentation on the wood floor of my garage. What I'm wondering is if this is normal? I understand she's a heavy bike but I'm concerned that maybe something is wrong with mount or the stand itself. Has anyone else thought their beautiful machine leans a little more than they would like it to?

when your side stand is extended is there much free play in it, as in to and from the bike, if there is you might be able to shim it

No free play and the stand doesnt appear to be bent. I may be overreacting to this but the bike was delivered to the dealership strapped down, leaning on its kickstand. She's a heavy bike to be traveling hundreds of miles in the back of a truck essentially bouncing around on its kickstand. I was assured by the dealership that this was perfectly normal and that it could take it.

No free play and the stand doesnt appear to be bent. I may be overreacting to this but the bike was delivered to the dealership strapped down, leaning on its kickstand. She's a heavy bike to be traveling hundreds of miles in the back of a truck essentially bouncing around on its kickstand. I was assured by the dealership that this was perfectly normal and that it could take it.
That sounds like a really lousy way to transport the MAX!! Disrespectful IMHO. :(

Latest posts

Back