Gen 2 vs Sport bikes the war continues.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep as I said I am not going to lie I'll still mess around on the street. But back in the day it was almost a daily thing. Thats how we made side cash.

I can admit I have a speed addiction more than most people....except maybe Vmax Mike.

That's why I love the Vmax!

Todd

A 250lb man dont have a speed addiction Toddler.:rofl_200:

Donuts addiction maybe.:biglaugh:

I got an idea how about you eat a bunch of donuts and come up to my weight and i will buy another bike and we will see if you can keep up with me. I would drop to your weight but thats to hard and no fun.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

A 250lb man dont have a speed addiction Toddler.:rofl_200:

Donuts addiction maybe.:biglaugh:

I got an idea how about you eat a bunch of donuts and come up to my weight and i will buy another bike and we will see if you can keep up with me. I would drop to your weight but thats to hard and no fun.

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I don't see any sprinkles in that box! Go get another batch, please!:rofl_200:
images

Joking aside i do have to admit and agree with Todd. My need to feel the edge of out of control is so high that its stupid. But when i do it i feel so much better. I did without my vmax and speed for how long know (not long) and i all ready had to go fast so my wife and i took a 2010 hemi challanger for a test ride and we both said cant do that because the cops would have us for sure. her need for speed is not that strong but she will run you light to light and she is good at it. I couldent beleave how good she was smashing that pistol grip. She told me to go to differnt dealers and take hot rods and fast bikes for a test ride once every 6 weeks until i come up with a fix. LOL. Im waiting to see if anyone with a gen2 has driveshaft trouble or tranny trouble from drag racing. I havent read anything yet.

No GenII Tranny or shaftdrive issues at all.
The only driveshaft ever broken that has been made public was a rather heavy guy with a sticky tire reving hard and slamming 2nd gear, but Yamaha fixed under warrenty!
I have made many passes on my 30,000 mile Gen II with stock clutches (DD) with zero issues to report

No GenII Tranny or shaftdrive issues at all.
The only driveshaft ever broken that has been made public was a rather heavy guy with a sticky tire reving hard and slamming 2nd gear, but Yamaha fixed under warrenty!
I have made many passes on my 30,000 mile Gen II with stock clutches (DD) with zero issues to report

The Gen 2 shaft has got to be twice the diameter of the 1200's. All the parts back there are really overbuilt. That's a big part of the reason for the bikes weight increase. Anybody that has installed the wide wheel themselves knows what I'm talking about.....the pumpkin and shaft are extremely heavy.

In regards to the original topic. Last night I got home from work and I wanted to get a ride in before it got dark(reflective gear is on order and I don't want risk not being seen at night). So I got this little "loop" I do. It's a nice little 30 min loop around the area. The final leg of the loop is merging onto a highway. If traffic conditions are right(ie none), I like to perform a Vboosted merge.

Well there was a Dodge Challenger in front of me. Love that car. We turn onto the on-ramp and accelerate. He's not getting on it, just normal acceleration. As I'm rounding the on-ramp I check on coming traffic on the highway and it's empty. Traffic in front is sparse and a good bit a head. Perfect conditions for some VBoost fun if I can get around the Charger. It was like the Charger was reading my mind. He moved one lane over and the lane in front of me was wide open. I tuck down a little, downshift, she roars in approval and pulls me through time while I do my best impression of the Cheshire Cat. I was completely caught up in the moment. I got to 95 in short order and rolled off the throttle. I just wanted a little taste and I got it. I'll save my All I Can Twist Buffet and VBoost Binging for the weekend. I just needed my fix. It wasn't until after I rolled off the throttle and sat back up that I realized Mr Charger had hammered it too and he was still going. It's been 14 years since I used to ride and I haven't been in the saddle of my VMAX even a month yet... not going to be stupid and I didn't pursue.

It made me think of this thread. Was it race? I'm sure he thought it was even though I was on my own personal acceleration trip. I'm guessing he went home and probably told someone he had Vmax in his rear view mirror.

For me riding a motorcycle is my own menage a trios: me, the bike, and the road. Everyone else is just a voyeur to us gettin' it on.

It wasn't until after I rolled off the throttle and sat back up that I realized Mr Charger had hammered it too and he was still going. .

If he thought he was racing, and flew by you after you slowed down, we call the a "Ricer Fly By" down here.

Its when someone's obviously beat, you know it and back off to be sane again, and they fly by you acting like they accomplished something

Few Challengers of any-sort can best a well-ridden stock VMax.

Now, don't be sending me youtubes of something someone spent $100,000 modifying.

I'd refer you to Mark Moisan's GSXR 1100 turbo that went 229 mph for Sport Rider's UFO shootout in the mid 1990's. He built it himself, and w/the boost turned-down his wife often rode it to Bike Nights in Ft. Lauderdale FL. I saw it often.

'Ricer fly-bys' are when the beaten opponent tries to get past the backed-out of-it winner's eyesight as-quickly as-possible. It is usually accompanied by rude gestures. Losers are still losers no-matter how-far they push the throttle.

I have raced hundreds of races maybe more? I raced a friend of mine in his chevelle once I was in my 69 mustang at our local drag strip. After the race he said he thought he was even or pulling me in high gear. I laughed at him I had smoked him I had pulled 130 mph he hit 111 mph I said john I was off the gas and slowing down when you were still 3/4 the way finished..lol that's the only time you might of been catching me..our friends thought that was funny him not so much..

Latest posts

Back