Gen 2 vs Sport bikes the war continues.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha This is great He's in the s*** and not me I already like this Please keep up the s*** stirring and don't leave the site Your honest opinion no matter what Will always make things interesting

I'll say something else before I sign off for good: The maturity level that I have witnessed in this thread is really, I mean really, lacking. Take care.......... Dave

I sold my Vmax because after my lower back surgery it was very painful to ride at times. I did love the bike. I have a sit up sport type bike now My FZ1 and I can now ride 300 plus miles a day with no problems now. It is a old mans sport bike it has risers from the factory..lol. new guy chill out this is by far the best Vmax forum out there and yes they piss me off from time to time also but the knowledge is un surpassed..and they all love there slow ass wont turn or stop bikes..lol just like I used to..

It should help to consider that 100% of what is said in this thread is just people's opinion and not fact. There's some really good knowledgeable people on here but even they get carried away sometimes. I like gen 1 Vmax's but I understand they aren't everyone's thing, I will say I traded bikes for a short ride with my friend Kevin on his 2000 ZX12 (now a Shnitz 1287) and I wasn't sure I was gonna get my bike back from him lol his wasn't horrible for a short ride but for longer distances I'd be in agony... Obviously Kevin liked my bike especially the seat (thanks again Sean) even though it makes 70 less hp and is heavier. Kevin and I have both ridden gen 2 Vmax's as well and we both agree mine handles just as well if not better but mine is heavily modified but still way cheaper this way. Like I said its all opinion anyway until your on the track, keep smiling with what you got and what you like fellas...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

you ask them if the bike is comfortable to ride on for extended periods while doing the speed limit, and they reply "Yes". They are lying plain and simple.

........... Dave

You show me anywhere in this thread where I called anyone on here a liar.

:ummm::rofl_200: Seriously brother ?:rofl_200:

Basically there are a few of us here that you straight up categorized us as "liars" because I would tell you I am more comfortable on my Busa that Vmax. All the guys I ride with ( in the Vmax group ) have heard me say this at one time or another , and heard me say why I like my Busa riding position better. A lot of your comments are trolling comments, one sided comments.

I never attack someone, but I will never back down or voice my opinion. You talk about maturity level.....well maybe you need to reread what you wrote and what others have wrote.

This is a community forum and there is so much knowledge and goodwill on the forum here I think you would be surprised at what people would do for you with no thought of monetary relief.

I ve been on the forum a long time and enjoyed the company, the talk, the times, the events. You will too, but calm down man its only opinions, just like you have yours, I have mine.

Todd

I'll say something else before I sign off for good: The maturity level that I have witnessed in this thread is really, I mean really, lacking. Take care.......... Dave

There are great people on this forum, and Ive known people to send parts to others that needed them, and not asking anything else in return. You might wanna give this place some time before deciding to leave.

Hey Dave.....if you're not a member already, come on over here http://www.starvmax.com/

You won't get ripped up for telling everybody why, and how much, you like your new bike. :biglaugh:

-Mark-

Hey Dave.....if you're not a member already, come on over here http://www.starvmax.com/

You won't get ripped up for telling everybody why, and how much, you like your new bike. :biglaugh:

-Mark-

He didnt get ripped up, but he got called out for down grading others, at least that's how I read the responses from others. Just make strong statements and expect strong responses that is all.

Todd

He didnt get ripped up, but he got called out for down grading others, at least thats how I read the responses from others.

Todd

Response from "others"? :ummm: Just 2 and you were one. The guy expresses his opinion and a couple of people feel it necessary to pick it a apart like a bunch of teenage girls on facebook.

The guy loves his bike like most Gen 2 owners do. The Gen 2 haters can't hide here......it's too hard for them. It's really kind of funny.

Response from "others"? :ummm: Just 2 and you were one. The guy expresses his opinion and a couple of people feel it necessary to pick it a apart like a bunch of teenage girls on facebook.

The guy loves his bike a most Gen 2 owners do. The Gen 2 haters can't hide here......it's too hard for them. It's really kind of funny.

For starters I wont be drawn into a trolling war with anyone. You guys want to ruin my original post with bullshit, I guess so be it. But this is the last I ll say before the ignore button is pushed. And I hate to do that.

And maybe you can clarify.... who are you calling a Gen 2 hater? Me ? Because if so that is some of the funniest shit I ve heard, because many of you know I was and still am contemplating a Gen 2 Vmax.

You want to count numbers, okay I count three one including me. :rofl_200:

He expressed his opinion at the degradation of others opinions. Your backing someone that is going to call all riders of none cruiser bikes liars if they think that their sport type bike is comfortable or not. Dude grow up, that is a bold statement that even a young kid would know would draw flack. Now if he wouldn't have said that and would have simply said, I had a sport bike like a R1 and I find my Gen 2 Vmax way more comfortable. No one would have had a problem with it. But to flat out call someone a liar plain and simple is well...... plain and simple. Here is a cut and paste from his post. You tell me how I am supposed to read this?:ummm:

I could have purchased a Gen 2 busa, a ZX-14, a BMW S1000RR, etc......... I chose my Max.

I don't race and have no desire to. If you ever run into anyone on the street riding any of the aforementioned sportbikes or any others for that matter, and you ask them if the bike is comfortable to ride on for extended periods while doing the speed limit, and they reply "Yes". They are lying plain and simple.......... Dave

Straight up, you want to call me a liar, tell me I am spouting off, well then that is your own prerogative. :worthy:

There are FAR too many good people here to ruin this forum for people who want to troll and try and get people in an up roar.

I thought we all loved motorcycles and had a common interest. But maybe I am wrong.:ummm: Maybe all the times I mentioned things like that are not read and skimmed over.

Maybe my posts should be reread..... Christ :confused2:

Todd

So back to my original post.....

so my question i guess.......

1 is a race a race to you?

Example. You pull up to a guy at a stop light, look over, rev your engine, light turns green and you take off and are 5 lengths ahead of him. Is that a race? Was he racing you? Or laughing in his head because there is a cop on the corner watching you?

You pull up, light turns green and you both hammer off, neck and neck and hit 40 mph and all of a sudden your 10 lengths ahead of him. Did you blow his saddle bags off? Or did he hit 40 mph and just let off? Was that a race....?

You pull up, light turns green you both hammer off, hit 100 mph and one of you is a half a bike length ahead of the other. You hit another light and the same scenario unfolds. He gives you a thumbs up and turns left and you go on your way.

2 my bike runs 10's because jay gleason rode one just like it and ran 10's on it. "pro riders are paid for a reason, using what they can do on a bike as representation of what normal people can do is silly." quote about jay gleason off the busa forum.

Do you believe that because jay gleason rode a bike and ran a 10, that you could replicate someone that weighs 130lbs suited up and has been drag racing since 1970's?

I am not ruffling feathers, but people seem to get pretty riled up thinking that because a group of racers can run xx time that all riders have to be close to that time.

For starters I wont be drawn into a trolling war with anyone. You guys want to ruin my original post with bullshit, I guess so be it. But this is the last I ll say before the ignore button is pushed. And I hate to do that.

And maybe you can clarify.... who are you calling a Gen 2 hater? Me ? Because if so that is some of the funniest shit I ve heard, because many of you know I was and still am contemplating a Gen 2 Vmax.

You want to count numbers, okay I count three one including me. :rofl_200:

He expressed his opinion at the degradation of others opinions. Your backing someone that is going to call all riders of none cruiser bikes liars if they think that their sport type bike is comfortable or not. Dude grow up, that is a bold statement that even a young kid would know would draw flack. Now if he wouldn't have said that and would have simply said, I had a sport bike like a R1 and I find my Gen 2 Vmax way more comfortable. No one would have had a problem with it. But to flat out call someone a liar plain and simple is well...... plain and simple. Here is a cut and paste from his post. You tell me how I am supposed to read this?:ummm:

Straight up, you want to call me a liar, tell me I am spouting off, well then that is your own prerogative. :worthy:

There are FAR too many good people here to ruin this forum for people who want to troll and try and get people in an up roar.

I thought we all loved motorcycles and had a common interest. But maybe I am wrong.:ummm: Maybe all the times I mentioned things like that are not read and skimmed over.

Maybe my posts should be reread..... Christ :confused2:

Todd

I guess I should had called you then on your Jay Gleason post. Because it was just pure bullshit that you claimed came from Pee Wee himself. You were also insinuating I was lying in an earlier post where i stated what he had run on a stock bike. I kinda let you slide on that.

I see a pattern from you of poking people.......telling some good "stories" and then at the same time kissing up to the regulars on the forum. Not pretty.

I guess I should had called you then on your Jay Gleason post. Because it was just pure bullshit that you claimed came from Pee Wee himself. You were also insinuating I was lying in an earlier post where i stated what he had run on a stock bike. I kinda let you slide on that.

I see a pattern from you of poking people.......telling some good "stories" and then at the same time kissing up to the regulars on the forum. Not pretty.

Call me out on it all you want. The video is here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dicLScVIsbc

And pure bullshit? :ummm:

Than I guess this whole video, website and everything else that has Jay's name plastered all over it as running this mildly built custom Vmax to a 9.51 is bullshit too huh?:ummm: At one point I thought you agreed he ran a 9.51 pass on a non-stock bike?:confused2:

http://vmaxguru.com/Ride_Events/Brad_Drag_4-30-09/Brad_Drag_4-30-09.htm

Your reaching hard here. I am not sure why you have all this anger towards me?

Whatever guy.....make all your trolling comments. Ignore button on! :clapping:

Todd

You're the troll IMO.....it's unusual to have one embedded in a forum like you are though. Usually they appear and disappear.

Oh and I'm not angry at all.....just calling it as I see it. Ignore away! Please!!

-Mark-

It really doesn't bother me. This is the internet after all. But I'm glad you posted that link. Not that I'm leaving here. Another member convinced me to stay. But I have tried to register over at the starvmax forum and can't get them to send me an activation code. I'm assuming you're a member over there. I've been waiting to run into someone who is a member. I'll send you a PM. It would be great if you could notify a mod or administrator on that site and give them my email address so they can activate my membership.

As far as myself being called out for calling sportbike riders on here liars, I'll man up and take the responsibility for getting some folks in an uproar. It was a generalization and there was no intent on my part to call any specific individuals liars. I should have worded it differently. If I had known in advance what the purpose of this thread was, I wouldn't have inserted myself into it.

Dave

Wow, the last 4 pages of this thread went to shit.

Getting back on topic...it is only a race if your at the track or if your on the street and you have discussed start stop points. Otherwise its just goofing around.

Wow, the last 4 pages of this thread went to shit.

Getting back on topic...it is only a race if your at the track or if your on the street and you have discussed start stop points. Otherwise its just goofing around.

Yes I totally agree.

On one hand if your at a light and you both acknowledge each other and do that between a few stop lights that's a goofing around race.

I guess I could say years ago it was only a race when money was involved. Or being at a timed track.

Now a days I think all serious races should be at the track. A place where its legal and safe.

I am not going to lie, I'll still mess around on the street some. But not like when I was younger.

And thanks for getting the thread back on track.

Todd

Yes I totally agree.

On one hand if your at a light and you both acknowledge each other and do that between a few stop lights that's a goofing around race.

I guess I could say years ago it was only a race when money was involved. Or being at a timed track.

Now a days I think all serious races should be at the track. A place where its legal and safe.

I am not going to lie, I'll still mess around on the street some. But not like when I was younger.

And thanks for getting the thread back on track.

Todd

We line up next to each other.... I look at him and give him three fingers and tell him to move up three car lengths ahead of me. He looks and laughs and his girlfriend is rolling. So I pull out my wallet..... and wave the wallet at him. He grins... I flash a 100 sign and he nods. I can tell his girl friend is now thinking that he is going to walk away from this with a $100 in his pocket.

So he does this massive burnout, engulfs teh whole road and myself. I just wait....and wait another minute......and the smoke clears. I do a quick heat the tire up, 5 count and his girl hops out of the car between us and throws her arms up. She looks at him ( remember he is three lengths ahead of me ) nods and drops her hands. Right when she nod's he takes off. Like I didn't give him enough of a lead already....
biglaugh.gif

Whichever.... I take off after him and pass him just after shifting into 3rd gear. I stay on it till I am about 6 lengths ahead of him just to let him know hes a dumbass. We circle back around and I zip down to his 6'2 240 lb girl friend who is picking her hairy jaw off the ground. I stop get off my bike and take off my helmet and sit on my bike. He pulls up and motions for her to get in. He doesn't shut the car off. So I go and stand in front of his car and motion towards my pocket, which I had pulled out ( LOL ). He shakes his head no. I shake my head yes, and again he shakes his head no.

So I pull out my cell phone and act like I am taking a picture of the road where he did the big burnout, of his car, zoom in and take a picture of his face and act like I am calling 911!
rofl_200.gif
He storms out of the car and now is confronting me.

Latest posts

Back